Executive Replicas 1/6 Scale Vincent Price Presents Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheOwl

Super Freak
Reaction score
Born 1911, Vincent Leonard Price Jr., was also known as the Renaissance Man and the King of the Grand Guignol. He began his acting career in 1931 starting in minor roles but it wasn't until the 1950's that Price began achieving success for his role in the House of Wax. He went on to star in many horror films which included The Masque if the Red Death, The Fly, The Tingler. House on Haunted Hill, Return of the Fly, The Tomb of Ligela, The Raven, The Last Man on Earth, The Pit and the Pendulum, The Abominable Dr. Phibes, and Dr. Phibes Rises Again. Price is renowned for his distinctive low pitched atmospheric voice still recognizable today. Price also did television and radio and was a writer and gourmet, presenting many cooking shows for television.

Considered one of the true icons of horror cinema, Executive Replicas, Phicen Ltd., and Go Hero along with Storm Entertainment are proud to present The Vincent Price Present, Vincent Price 1:6th scale action figure.

Officially licensed and Authorized by Storm Entertainment

Outfit:
1 Pair of Victorian style shoes
1 x Dress tie
1 x Long sleeved Victorian Style dress shirt
1 x Victorian style vest
1 x Victorian Style pants
Accessories:
1 BASE & STAND
4 COLOR PACKAGING

Suggested retail price: $169.99

Order due date: May 15th, 2016
Extremely limited production

Executive Replicas Vincent Price 2.jpg

Executive Replicas Vincent Price 3.jpg

Executive Replicas Vincent Price 4.jpg

Executive Replicas Vincent Price 1.jpg

Hi Guys! My apologies if a thread for this figure has already been posted, but I couldn't seem to find one. This information was taken from Executive Replicas website.
I believe that this is an updated release of an older figure from them. Overall I think it looks great, but I'm not 100% sold yet. I really need to see some more pictures first and the lack of accessories is also deterring me. Although I'll probably end up picking this up anyway as I'm a big fan of Price.

This is one figure that's just screaming for a head sculpt with some expression. You can't have the straight stare on a Vincent Price figure, it needs expression.
Ryan

You think with all the photo reference they could have got the face right.. It's an old figure and the company has been struggling for years to get this,Boris and LIS figures onto the market and I mean years!!!

You think with all the photo reference they could have got the face right.. It's an old figure and the company has been struggling for years to get this,Boris and LIS figures onto the market and I mean years!!!

The figure actually had an extremely limited release. EXTREMELY as in--not even 100 produced. This time, they are attempting to do a lot more, and with better clothes, materials and a new head sculpt. Here's shots of the original (in my collection). The new one appears to be an improvement.

w9qzjwA.jpg

9NY75Lj.jpg

Bp2dbJK.jpg

I had a short email conversation with someone at Executive Replica and I can confirm that the new figure is updated and supposedly better than the original. I know they did work to make the head sculpt and shoes more accurate. The person I talked to didn't mention the rest of the outfit, but the promo pictures show a much better looking outfit than the original. This one is geared to a more mass production piece rather than more of a small custom run. I've been wanting a Vincent Price figure for a long time, I just wish it had a more iconic look to it. This one seems rather generic compared to something from a specific movie, although he did wear outfits similar to this in some of his movies. I'd still prefer this to the Dr. Phibes figure since in that role you can't really see his normal face. I am a little worried with this figure though. If you compare the original figure to its promo pictures, they seemed to turn out different in appearance. If I do order this figure, I hope it stays true to the promo images.

I had a short email conversation with someone at Executive Replica and I can confirm that the new figure is updated and supposedly better than the original. I know they did work to make the head sculpt and shoes more accurate. The person I talked to didn't mention the rest of the outfit, but the promo pictures show a much better looking outfit than the original. This one is geared to a more mass production piece rather than more of a small custom run. I've been wanting a Vincent Price figure for a long time, I just wish it had a more iconic look to it. This one seems rather generic compared to something from a specific movie, although he did wear outfits similar to this in some of his movies. I'd still prefer this to the Dr. Phibes figure since in that role you can't really see his normal face. I am a little worried with this figure though. If you compare the original figure to its promo pictures, they seemed to turn out different in appearance. If I do order this figure, I hope it stays true to the promo images.

The reason we aren't getting something from a specific film: is because this isn't from any of his films. VINCENT PRICE PRESENTS is a comic book by Blue Water. That's the way they get around having to pay a royalty or get permission from any specific film company. He wears the outfit on the covers a lot.

JUL083738._SX312_QL80_TTD_.jpg
DIG007848_2._SX312_QL80_TTD_.jpg
bluewater-productions-vincent-price-presents-gallery-of-terror-issue-1.jpg

Attachments

• SEP083795_1._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg
    SEP083795_1._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 237
Right, I knew it was from the comic. I was just saying I wish it was based on a film. I think a lot of people associate Vincent Price with his movies. Not many probably think of him as a role in a comic book. I just thought picking a movie role would have been more iconic.

I didn't take into consideration movie licensing fees, but a lot of the older movies get multiple releases from various small companies. It makes me think that the licensing fees can't be that bad on at least some of his more well known roles.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The outfit choice isn't bothering me as much as the head sculpt is. The likeness is definitely there, but I think the choice of expression that Executive Replicas went with is really taking away from it. Like wamphyri13 said a sculpt of Price just calls for something more expressive.

The outfit choice isn't bothering me as much as the head sculpt is. The likeness is definitely there, but I think the choice of expression that Executive Replicas went with is really taking away from it. Like wamphyri13 said a sculpt of Price just calls for something more expressive.

I feel ya. Like this for instance:

tumblr_nrke18JvnF1uxfu8ao1_500.jpg

1_1_sculpture_vincent_price_by_mr_barlow.jpg

But I am happy he is getting released on a more prolific scale than 20 figures this time. Still....it leaps and bounds above this one,lol.

review_raven2_3.jpg

Has anyone heard of any updates on this figure? I was wondering what the final product will look like.

Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything about this lately. The last thing I saw about this figure was a picture that Executive Replicas posted of their comic con booth in early october, but the figure isn't very visible. The release date is Q4 2016 so if it doesn't change we should be seeing something soon.

14520380_10153930986770108_5319708251736216403_n.jpg

Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything about this lately. The last thing I saw about this figure was a picture that Executive Replicas posted of their comic con booth in early october, but the figure isn't very visible. The release date is Q4 2016 so if it doesn't change we should be seeing something soon.

View attachment 304317

They certainly know how to make one lose hope the figure will ever be released. I actually have the first release, and ordered this one because its supposed to be improved.

I like Executive Replica figures even though their general style and sculpts are a little more like early 00's than today's detailed figures, but there's still value in that. But I think they struggle a bit because their release of new product is always slow with an audience not all that big to consume it.

Got it today. Clothes are better, shoes are better. No base, and the head really doesn't look like Vinney. More like David Niven. Cannot really give it a rave review fellas. Too bad too.

Sorry to hear Anton, also had interest and somewhat high expectations.
Looks like the best, but impossible to buy, 1/6 Vincent is still the one made by Andy Bergholtz many years ago.
That one was a dream, but a nightmare to find.

As promised, here are some pics. The "peachier" version paint is the first one ER released a while ago. It came with a base. The new one comes with no base and extra hands Why he has extra hands when he has no accessories is one of life's little mysteries I guess,lol. Also a nice graphic box utilizing Joel Robinson's art from the comic book is included. The new version's pros: better tailoring, nicer box, easier to obtain (presently anyway) the cons: head looks like David Niven more than Vincent Price. Paints are sloppy around the ears, no base. If I had seen it in person I might have passed. It just didn't live up to my expectations. All the first one needs is a decent paint job and a new box. Maybe mixing and matching the two versions into one perfect one is the way to go,lol. Anyway....enjoy or lament...that's my 2 cent. Phibes out.

oPzf2wt.jpg
WZlMTsF.jpg
mIlSzr3.jpg

SVnTcaB.jpg

Thanks for the images Dr. Anton Phibes. I can see a resemblance, but it is not equal to the price of the figure. I'll pass on it.

Back