Annihilation (2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rushmore223

Super Freak
Reaction score
Wasn't a huge fan of Ex Machina, but I still thought it was enjoyable. I like Garland's work so I'll give it a shot.

I'd encourage anybody to read the trilogy this film is based on. Jeff Vandermeer's Southern Reach books are legit. Good throwback to gothic era of horror fiction with some pretty ****ed up sci-fi leanings. 10/10.

Absolutely love that this film seems to be heavily influenced by Tarkovsky's great films, "Solaris" and "Stalker," (especially Stalker) both cerebral, sublime pieces of science fiction in their own right that truly can be called mind bending works of art. So much to love here and grasp with this trailer. The weird, at times horrific imagery on display here is just absolutely enthralling if you ask me. I have not read the books on which this is based but I've heard really great things. Cannot wait to see this come February.

Movie is definitely taking concepts from the books and expanding on them, in much more interesting ways. May be one of those rare times when an adaptation is far superior to the source material.

I am definitely pumped to see this one!

Seeing this tonight very intrigued. Try to see it yesterday , was a bit late and got stuck in the "black Panther line " for tickets so we ended up just leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back