maybe something new and refreshing....kick starting the joes!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spiderrogue

Super Freak
Reaction score
ok..so this got me to thinking..
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...156556-gijoe-1-6-line-revival-alliance-3.html

and then i was talking to a few people that think we should try to start it up again..so the first thing is...

so how many people(that are left) are ok with buying a full custom fig that is all done, etc..? just curious mostly...is this a waste of time or something that people would really want? ideas? thoughts? suggestions?
not sure about the price, the details, etc yet..but will soon....

we want some good suggestions for bashes that you guys want to buy, etc....things that no one else has done or will ever do....so dig down deep and think of someone really cool....cause this may be your chance to own him or her...

There's a lot of "it depends" out there. What figure? What price range? Can we get enough people to bring the price down? We tried this with Craig's Customs for Tomax and Xamot but that did got very far. Part of the hobby is getting the parts and creating it yourself in your own vision. I love the great custom work here but I think id rather just have someone making the hard to find/make items and have someone who will paint my headsculpts for a decent price. Just my thoughts.

Rick

that's kinda why i was asking...to see what you guys thought or preferred...i was thinking about this a lot last night as i was falling asleep...what about something like POP toys or Redman does...where they offer up the suits and other bits? or sometimes the heads, etc...??

It seem like we've done this before and just ended up flat on our faces.
Look what happened with the promising help of Craig's Custom,...
Other franchises gained more interest and the Crimson twins project died.

Look, I'm gain for supporting any Joe custom figure that SSC didn't make but I want to see follow through the whole way.
Here's an example, EF's Ripper. I love that custom to no ends and if it could be replacated just like that I wouldn't have an issue dropping serious coins.
Another would be that Snowserpent that's been popping up lately ( sorry, drawing a blank on the customizers name)
Anywho, back to business as usual...

that's how i feel too...that's why we are trying to find a sculptor that will help us and get things done(Pace or others)....once we get the HS, the rest will fall into place....right?
anyone ever hear from the guy from ebay...stardusterjumper? he has some good choices up for auction...

i only want to do this if we get enough interest in a character, etc...im thinking at least 5- 10 people for sure interested..if that happens, then we can go from there...

let's pick our top 5 figs that we'd like to see....joe or cobra...

I don't see there being much, or enough, interest to get large custom projects going for Joe.

MANDO no longer does 1/6, Creg left before he got started, Ski is gone for months/years at a time, and Pace is doing great work but only a handful of people show any interest, same with spider.

Even when some interest is shown in a group type project, once prices start getting mentioned, interest dries up. Joe doesn't get the kind of interest that's going to get a larger run together to bring down costs. Paying custom artists for sculpts, sculpted parts, paint apps, and clothing adds up fast. All artists are charging more now and collecting parts can be costly as fawk! You can be a couple hundred dollars in before you even start getting bodies/boots/accessories together. Collecting just a few parts on TA or MD you're in $50-$100. Its a lot to ask people to commit so much money to projects that take months/years to finish. It's also a lot to ask an artist to commit their time when their isn't much pay off for them.

The customs section is constantly active, if there was genuine interest for Joe stuff the market would provide it.

I don't think the Freaks board is really a place that Joe fans hang out. ARAH fans appear to be to cheap to spend the bucks on 1/6. And customs, the killer part is waiting on custom bits to finish your figure. I have figures that have been waiting years to complete.

Back