SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BurningRage

Super Freak
Reaction score
preview__LukeSnowspeeder.jpg

WHOAH!

I really don’t know what to think or do about this. I said all along I passed on the original X-Wing Luke cos I was holding out for an ESB X-Wing Luke. And here it is.

At this point though, Hot Toys seems to be where it’s at. They may not have nailed some (most?) of the faces, but they are all very solid figures with none of them being too egregiously bad. The prices are pretty much the same and many times HT is cheaper than Sideshow. But the question still remains whether HT will ever do this version.

The jacket and gear look great, but I do have to say that the face doesn’t look too good. I think the ANH X-Wing Luke looks better/more accurate.

If this turns out good I will break my Imperials and Bounty Hunters only-rule!

I diffidentally will maybe notiffenly or I may get this. If I did, I will eventuallidentally get it to to add my Luke HT head sculpt...It I feel so inclined to do so evidentally.

Looks good.... but the NRD, price and base body will keep me from preordering.

With Sideshow, unfortunately, I need to see in-hand pictures before committing. Fingers crossed though they release this fast since most of the development was already done. No reason this should be a Q4 release.

$249.99 and January 2017 (guesses). I have to admit I was really waiting for HT to do this, especially after getting the TFA TIE Fighter and Snowtrooper, thought they would nail the materials/tailoring.

Also the odds of me picking up the X-Wing Luke just got really low now. :lol

Looks good.... but the NRD, price and base body will keep me from preordering.

With Sideshow, unfortunately, I need to see in-hand pictures before committing. Fingers crossed though they release this fast since most of the development was already done. No reason this should be a Q4 release.

That's the problem - the stupid-long announcement to shipping lag times. This will be early-mid next year. Look at the rehashes of the R2 figures - you'd think they could have been released within a few months given the tiny changes.

The only new part on this will be the jacket - everything else will be from the Luke X and Luke Hoth figs - so who knows, maybe it'll come out faster.

The one significant thing in this release is that the new SSC TOD Indy is a new high benchmark for SSC's heads (both apps and sculpt detail nearly HT level) so this new Luke head - whether it's just a tweak of the original Luke X head or an all-new sculpt (likely, but hard to say for sure at this point) - will hopefully be very close to HT level.

That new Indy head - even though it's 10-20% undersized :)gah::() - is a landmark achievement for SSC and if it is indeed not just a one-off fluke, will up the value of their figures from now on.

Back