Indy Mine Carts at 3.75"?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScratchBuilder

Super Freak
Reaction score
A quick poll on if there is any demand for 3.75" scale, especially for Indy.
I was asked if I could create a smaller scale Indy ToD mine cart.
Scaling down the dims from the 1:6 scale mine cart we made, this was fairly simple just a little tweaking in a few areas, here is the un-painted result:

The lights still need some work as they are way too bright but the overall scale works pretty well, plus these figures are very cheap.
The plan is to create complete mine dioramas at this scale. Tunnel walls, ceilings, track, timber struts, lighting, two carts and other props like the over head hoppers, water storage tank etc.....would love to have some feedback in regards to interest at this scale.

Gorgeous work ! Would make an awesome display ! Still wish you sold these as unfinished kits for those of us who want to detail / paint them ourselves ! Plus would save time on your end in construction...

YES - interested. :clap

Would be great to have two (a second for the Thugee guards) and a very simple base of rock/track to display them on.

Would make for a great little dio display, and the TOD Hasbro figures came out amazingly well - best of the bunch.

Would be great to have two (a second for the Thugee guards) and a very simple base of rock/track to display them on.

Would make for a great little dio display, and the TOD Hasbro figures came out amazingly well - best of the bunch.

Yep, thats why I bought two lots of them!
The new cart looks great scratchbuilder, but one mine cart will have to do for now mate:hi5:

Thanks for the feedback guys, always well received and appreciated
A resin kit wouldn't be impossible and a second cart is almost complete for the chasing Thuggee guards. :hi5:

it is realy great in that scale!!!

for me are a german tank from last Crusade in 1/6 scale

or the plane with maschinegun from last crusade in 1/6 scale

or most the german merzedes truck from Raiders with the wooden box with logo for the ark in 1/6 scale

I hope someone like that from you too!!!:yess:

The small cart does look great Jas !

And those figures look much better than the KOTC figures I have ( I'm definitley going to repaint mine ) can't wait to get the small carts on the bench and sling some paint on them mate

Pete

The smaller scale of these carts allows us a lot more scope diorama wise and I'm pretty sure Jason will be building a whole section of mine for himself. A modular approach would be pretty cool as you could add sections to suit available display space.

I quite fancy a mine dio in this scale too

I wonder if Jay will do me a good discount on one lol

Pete

it is realy great in that scale!!!

for me are a german tank from last Crusade in 1/6 scale

or the plane with maschinegun from last crusade in 1/6 scale

or most the german merzedes truck from Raiders with the wooden box with logo for the ark in 1/6 scale

I hope someone like that from you too!!!:yess:

None of these would be impossible for us to make but the sizes would be impractical I think.

I'm very much an airplane guy and build a lot in smaller scales, i would love to do the biplane, but in 1/6 the fuselage length would be around seven feet lol

Nothing's impossible though

Pete

Gorgeous work ! Would make an awesome display ! Still wish you sold these as unfinished kits for those of us who want to detail / paint them ourselves ! Plus would save time on your end in construction...

That would put me out of a job (kidding lol)

Pete

Soon to be unemployed painter

Ps

Your leather work is awesome

None of these would be impossible for us to make but the sizes would be impractical I think.

I'm very much an airplane guy and build a lot in smaller scales, i would love to do the biplane, but in 1/6 the fuselage length would be around seven feet lol

Nothing's impossible though

Pete

The cabin and hood/grill of the ROTLA Mercedes truck wouldn't be that massive (probably only a cubic foot) and would have a few Indy fight display possibilities. Get in a German sergeant and maybe a German soldier on the side and it would look pretty cool.

The smaller scale of these carts allows us a lot more scope diorama wise and I'm pretty sure Jason will be building a whole section of mine for himself. A modular approach would be pretty cool as you could add sections to suit available display space.

I quite fancy a mine dio in this scale too

I wonder if Jay will do me a good discount on one lol

Pete

I'm sure we can come to some arrangement buddy :hi5:

Once these StarWars and the last Indy builds are complete I'll focus on getting this mine prototype ready.
A modular display is a great idea, and would also help with safe shipping, which is something I always worry about.
I've got a pretty cool interchangeable sections idea in my head, so the customer can choose which section to add next.

That would put me out of a job (kidding lol)

Pete

Soon to be unemployed painter

Ps

Your leather work is awesome

I wouldn't say that.... As much as I would like to take a stab at painting one of these up.. your painting skills runs circles around pretty much anyone else I have seen... Outstanding ability in making these look perfect...

How it looks great!!! How much for the finished cart?

Hi Pote, thanks mate I'm also pleased with the result.
I couldn't put a price on it at the moment as prototypes always take much longer, with builds, rebuilds tweaking scales, changing materials creating moulds etc.......
Now I've got the dims sorted and once I get our current builds completed I'll make a few mini carts to get a better idea.
PS: Your 3D printed cart is very good, you're not far away from making your own.

I don't think the 3 3/4" carts should be overly "finished" (like the gorgeous ultra real 1/6 cart is) - it would be great if they were a slight notch above what hasbro would have done, so it matches the figs.

Making the most of a clear workstation I’ve managed a little progress with the Mini Mine Cart build.
The back wall, ceiling and timber strut are now complete and will make a start on the floor over the next few days. The light is just a mock up for now to get a feel for the best lighting position and brightness. I may tweak a few little things here and there also add some props (barrels, tools, debris)
The possibilities are endless with this scale, let me know if anyone has any ideas:

The plan is to make different sections of the same size which snap together with strong magnets to create a long mine scene.

What a great idea! Maybe a ladder in the background of your dio will add to the scene. Just my 2 cents.
Like shortie swings from while fighting the thuggees

Second test panel completed to see how things link up.....

im pretty pleased with the mock ups, now I'll get to work on MDF bases instead of card for more accuracy and stability and will give me a much better master pattern to create some great moulds.

Back