Creative Beast Studio 1/6 Articulated Raptor Kickstarter.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snakey Jones

Super Freak
Reaction score
First of all, I want to send you all a huge THANK YOU for your interest in this project so far. None of this will be possible without your support and I encourage you all to continue to spread the word so that it can become a reality. That being said, there have been several questions lately that I'd like to address here in one place for everyone. If I missed anything, please let me know in the comments.
-Beasts of the Mesozoic: Raptor Series Kickstarter campaign is planned for April 27th, 2016
-Each figure will be 1/6th scale (around 12” long) and include a base, posing stand, and one set of alternate toes
-Campaign will begin with three figures: Velociraptor, Atrcoiraptor, and Tsaagan
-There will be seven stretch goal raptor figures, and one possible Kickstarter exclusive variant
-Additional stretch goals include: an art book, exclusive package art prints, and one unannounced item
-Early estimated costs are $30-$40 per figure
-International shipping will be available
-Alternate paypal method contribution will be offered via my web site during the campaign
Thank you all again- you have my sincere gratitude. More updates soon- stay tuned!

12000824_1311776682170867_6792449640242924173_o.jpg

Check out their FB page for plenty of wip shots:
https://www.facebook.com/Creative-Beast-Studio-113487525333128/timeline

According to some paleontologists, real raptors had feathers, and looked more like killer turkeys, rather than the raptors seen in the Jurassic Park movies.

I think its cool looking and the feathers don't bother me but they would probably do better to offer a version without feathers as more people would pick that up to go with their JP & JW customs.

If this was a JP version, I'd be all over this (inaccuracies and all).

I would imagine you would probably get a bigger audience for this as well if it were like that.

Really great work!

i thought that "kickstarter" in thread's name meant "first raptor with feathers" without looking inside.
it turned out that it's really a raptor with feathers - but kickstarter is a company name? :)

feathers is one thing, wings is another. at least ostrich can temporary elevate themselves with their wings to jump out of danger, can Raptors do that?

$30-40, 1/6 doesn't sound quite right. How big are velociraptors? Maybe I been watching too many movies...
Look great otherwise.

I love David's sculpting, but I'm not a fan of realistic sculpts being hacked to pieces for the sake of articulation. It just looks too 'off' to me. I'd be more interested in a diorama piece with 3 Velociraptors feeding. :dunno

Other raptors shown off
ca02db4a1ef420c305bef7b188d4234f.jpg

02b794dc758a8baff45563b37c97bdc2.jpg

a56af29053be133b271d5ece5914078e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Scult and paint are amazing , and it s fresh to see something new in 1/6

Never heard dromeosaurs described as "ankle-biters"before;I like it...PS

Even a small monitor lizard -- like a meter-long Peachthroat monitor, for instance ... Has a mouth full of bacteria-laced, razor sharp teeth and wicked hooked talons. While it won't outright kill and eat you, a bite or two from one of those would completely ruin your day.

I imagine an ankle-biting raptor would pose significant problems if it was aggressive enough and did in fact, hunt in pairs or packs. [emoji50]

Back