Media Planet Coaster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
Has anybody been following this games development? As somebody who spent far too much time playing Roller coaster Tycoon 3, only to see the franchise take a dive for the latest title, this seems to be an exciting alternative. It is made by the same team as RCT3, and published by Frontier who I like very much. It is the first game I've pre-ordered outside of DCS: World in a long, long time. Mainly due to the discounted price of £19.99. It looks great for those who enjoy this type of sandbox/management game. The public alpha hit today, but only having ordered the basic game, I don't yet have access. It looks to have a good selection of coasters and realistic flat rides, and a good art style combined with powerful landscaping tools, good stuff then...

https://www.frontierstore.net/games/planet-coaster-cat.html

yfeMIsf.jpg

I forgot I'd even started this, I've been playing it since it released on Steam. For a beta, it's already fairly amazing. Highly recommended for any fans of such games and those who have been clinging on to RCT3 like myself. Really good...

It's one of my favorite games at the moment. I kind of suck at making coasters though. Always have issues with fear and nausea.

I spent many hours playing the first roller coaster tycoon, but I haven't played any of the others for whatever reason. I'm glad I saw this thread. I'll definitely have to get the other ones and also try this one out. I really enjoyed the simplicity of RTC1 with the simply game play and graphics, but after looking at a couple videos, this actually looks really fun.

One important question I have is, are you allowed to kill people in this game?!!?i

I spent many hours playing the first roller coaster tycoon, but I haven't played any of the others for whatever reason. I'm glad I saw this thread. I'll definitely have to get the other ones and also try this one out. I really enjoyed the simplicity of RTC1 with the simply game play and graphics, but after looking at a couple videos, this actually looks really fun.

One important question I have is, are you allowed to kill people in this game?!!?i

If you like the RCT1 type of game, you might also consider Parkitect, I haven't actually played it, but I've heard good things. It's pretty much a modern day RCT1. Avoid the new Rollercoaster Tycoon like the plague however, it is only part of the franchise by name alone and it isn't very good at all. Planet Coaster is the spiritual successor to RCT3 (which is still great) and most of the same people worked on it. I haven't tried to kill anybody yet lol, I don't think you can.

You can't kill any patrons, if they get hit by a car that falls from the track they just scatter like bowling pins. It is entertaining to try though.

Back