Statue Tweeterhead Classic BATMAN Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karnis

Super Freak
Reaction score
Saw this in the newsletter:

Sideshow Collectibles and Tweeterhead are thrilled to present the Classic Batman Maquette, the latest release in the Batman Classic Collection! Inspired by the art of Richard Sprang, this sixth scale maquette features Batman as you remember him from the 1940's and 50's comic. Sculpted by Mike Cusanelli and painted by David Fisher, the caped crusader stands 14.5" tall atop a rooftop themed base.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-classic-batman-tweeterhead-902650/

dc-comics-classic-batman-maquette-tweeterhead-902650-01.jpg
dc-comics-classic-batman-maquette-tweeterhead-902650-02.jpg
dc-comics-classic-batman-maquette-tweeterhead-902650-03.jpg
dc-comics-classic-batman-maquette-tweeterhead-902650-04.jpg

Then I saw their website exclusive....instant PO:

NEWNOIR1.jpg
NEWNOIR2.jpg
NEWNOIR3.jpg
NEWNOIR4.jpg

Black and gray FTW.

I bought the noir version.... That's how he looked in his first appearance of Detective Comics.

I'll be getting the blue/grey version. Absolutely love this line!

Finally, a year later, classic D. Sprang Batman is here & he's excellent! He's a full 12.5" tall from tip to toe, big & beefy, broad-chested and square-jawed, straight out of the old comics. Paint work is spot on, the cape has some very cool subtle shadings of blue & purple, and I really like the gold capsules & buckle on the belt. Even in his classic blue & gray with a big smile he still commands the shelf.
Robin will be here in a few days and Classic Joker is up next, along with 1966 Romero Joker. They are listed as shipping in March but there's no way that's happening...be lucky to have it in hand by June. I still don't have my exclusive Noir Batman and Robin pair from Tweeterhead yet LOL. I've been waiting forever to get a great Sprang rendition of Batman & Tweeterhead really knocked this one out of the park...love it!
dsb1.jpg
dsb2.jpg
dsb3.jpg
dsb4.jpg
dsb5.jpg
dsb6.jpg
dsb7.jpg

Tweeterhead classic D. Sprang arrived today! I know this line is under appreciated around here but I think this has been Tweeterhead's best line to date. Another great concept design, tight, colorful paint apps and thankfully, the base is consistent with the rest of the line. This wraps up the classic line for me.

20170731_163925.jpg

20170731_163936.jpg

20170731_164026.jpg

20170731_164036.jpg

20170731_164331.jpg

Anyone who bought the Noir Edition of Batman can verify if it comes in the standard art box showing the blue outfit on the outside, even though the statue inside is the black outfit? Or does the Noir variant come in a red box showing the black outfit on the outside of the box?

Reason is I sold mine with it still being factory sealed (I never opened it) and the person who bought it is wanting a refund because he said the art box shows the blue outfit on the outside instead of the black outfit one.. even though he hasn't opened the box yet he is saying it's the wrong statue because of the picture on the art box.

Anyone who bought the Noir Edition of Batman can verify if it comes in the standard art box showing the blue outfit on the outside, even though the statue inside is the black outfit? Or does the Noir variant come in a red box showing the black outfit on the outside of the box?

Reason is I sold mine with it still being factory sealed (I never opened it) and the person who bought it is wanting a refund because he said the art box shows the blue outfit on the outside instead of the black outfit one.. even though he hasn't opened the box yet he is saying it's the wrong statue because of the picture on the art box.

I got the black variant and Tweeterhead used the same blue outfit box. That's the way the black variant comes. I think Tweeterhead should've pasted a small card on the box showing him in the black outfit like they did with the Julie Newmar Black Cat variant .

Classic looks nice!

Not interested in any of these classics, tho. But still nice!

The Classic line features some of TH best paint work...crisp, clean lines with zero slop. I have the black one as well, great piece.

Back