Optibotimus Reviews: Sideshow Collectibles Temple of Doom INDIANA JONES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the video review. Was very surprised to hear the arms doesn't have a rotation joint. Guess he won't be able to replicate the cutting the bridge in half scene.

Thanks for the video review. Was very surprised to hear the arms doesn't have a rotation joint. Guess he won't be able to replicate the cutting the bridge in half scene.

The elbow area does rotate,he just never tried turning it

Appreciate the sneak-peek there, sir....I think it looks pretty good. That hair seam is the worst thing here. Haven't seen a seam that glaring since the tauntaun's neck....

I guess it was a cost-cutting issue that may have kept Sideshow from doing two portraits (hat on, hat off). The portrait does look decent here...nice paint apps and, while Ford's distinct visage is hinted at here, it's not quite there....but it looks good as is.

Love the box...

I'll enjoy this one when it arrives....now if only Sideshow would take the opportunity to produce a "Last Crusade" version....black narrow tie. I'd dig my Henry Jones out of mothballs for that! :)

Thanks again for the great look!

Great review! I'm looking forward to getting this one. From what I see in the video, the only thing that's really disappointing is that awful hair seam. It would have been nice to just get an extra HS.

You have ads embedded in your review - never seen that in similar videos.

What do you mean? I've had ads in my videos for years...

Oh, sorry - when I said similar, I meant other reviewers. Haven't finished watching it yet, but nice review so far though.

EDIT: Finished the review. That seam does look very unsightly - one of the worst I've ever seen, but it may be the bright white lighting in the review that's making it more obvious. The headsculpt looks better in this video than any of the pics so far - maybe it's just seeing it in the round.

The water treatment will help with the pants (which look great, but don't billow/fold at the bottom at all) but not sure it will do much for the shirt though. The collar and button edges just look too thick - you'd need a paper clip under the collar to hold/curve it into shape. It's like they knew the shirt was a mess at the end of TOD so made no attempt to tailor it properly.

The SSC KOTCS shirt still looks best to me closely followed by the HT (the original SSC looks like tissue paper) - I have a couple of extras so may replace this TOD one.

Thanks for the review, it's eased my apprehension about the figure.

While it's not quite as good as the prototype, I still see Harrison in the sculpt. And in no way is this as bad as SSC's previous efforts with the disappointing Nathan Drake 1:6 figure. I blindly preordered Drake from SSC and that was a disaster (probably bad paint apps, particularly the eyes).

The head seams is pretty bad but like you mentioned in the review, most of us will be posing Indy with the hat on.

For those like us that missed out on the previous Indiana Jones figures, it's nice to finally be able to get our hands on one. Although I would like to get a version of Indy eventually with his trademark jacket (whether that be Raiders or Last Crusade).

Back