New Collector From Canada

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazar123

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey,

I used to love getting all kinds of toys and figures when I was a kid but I was never really a collector of them. I would see some movie or tv show that would spark my imagination and I would have to have a toy from that universe. As I got older I fell away from that. But I always had a craving to get some new figures but the ones I always looked at just didn't look very nice.

This last September my friend introduced me to Gundam Model building. I had always wanted some nice looking Gundam figures but I bought a Bandai Robot Damashii figure and it really didn't do it for me.

But these models looked exactly how I want the figures to look. Though, they take quite a bit of work. I ended up building one and was hooked after that. Finally I had some figures that I was actually proud to display. As I got better I started buying higher quality model kits. Until I eventually ended up on a Perfect Grade model kit which is the highest end you can get ($250). Which eventually led to Hot Toys...

m4S6Hhq.jpg

I joined this forum back in November when I ordered my very first figure from Sideshow (Hot Toys 1/4 Boba Fett). I learned very quickly that ordering from Sideshow in Canada is very costly, between the shipping fees, taxes and duties. I was happy with my order but was still pretty burned.

I took a small break from collecting after that. Then I saw The Force Awakens and got that itch again and decided to order myself a Kylo Ren figure. This time I ordered from a Canadian retailer of Hot Toys / Sideshow figures, Toys2.net.

From then I decided that I would collect the TFA figures since I felt that I had missed out on the A New Hope line of figures. But then I saw that the Sandtrooper on Toys2 and well he is my favourite trooper so of course I had to have him.

At this point I was content just waiting on my Kylo to arrive in early February. I then discovered that Toys2 wouldn't be shipping my Kylo figure until the end of February because I hadn't ordered early enough. I was very disappointed but decided that I could afford another figure in Kylo's place for this month. I found an Obi-Wan at a reasonable price and it was the last one in stock on the site so I grabbed it.

While waiting for Obi I found a Vader at retail cost at a Canadian retailer so of course I had to get him, It's Darth Vader right?

Anyways, now I've got this small little collection of Hot Toys figures.

SyjBLhd.jpg

VWtJN4Q.jpg

I would LOVE to get some Marvel figures, Batman figures, Alien/Predator figures, etc... All the posts of these vast collections are truly amazing. But I can't afford that. So I decided to just stick with Star Wars and I'm happy with what I've got.

Welcome!

And that's a great display so far. I always liked looking at the Gundam models my friend had, but I never picked any up. I was always a Robotech fan, but any giant robots really appealed to me.

Welcome!

And that's a great display so far. I always liked looking at the Gundam models my friend had, but I never picked any up. I was always a Robotech fan, but any giant robots really appealed to me.

Thanks!

It's funny because the friend that recommended the models to me doesn't even have any connection to watching the Gundam animes. He just liked how they look.

Back