Fumigating a house

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edub

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey fellow freaks. For the first time since I've been collecting we have to fumigate our house. I have over 40 figures. I was wondering will they be ok or should I go through the hassle and take them out of the house? Or at least bag them up. Thanks

Food and stuff I'm just gonna get rid of. Not sure what I'm doing about my electronics. I have some high end electronics that I might move out just not sure yet.

Usually stuff that kills other stuff is not good to have around you. Assume everything that you don't cover will have a thin film of killing stuff all over it.

Nobody here is going to validate yo'lazy ass :lol

Haha so u saying remove it or cover it up

First thing I'd do is find out exactly what's being sprayed. Even if you've gone with that vegan outfit that uses citronella and garlic to discourage insect pests from taking up residence, you'll still want that kept away from your figures :)

First thing I'd do is find out exactly what's being sprayed. Even if you've gone with that vegan outfit that uses citronella and garlic to discourage insect pests from taking up residence, you'll still want that kept away from your figures :)

yea especially if you have some statue or figures of Dracula. Frankenstein too.

Hey fellow freaks. For the first time since I've been collecting we have to fumigate our house. I have over 40 figures. I was wondering will they be ok or should I go through the hassle and take them out of the house? Or at least bag them up. Thanks

Hey Edub, what did you end up doing and how did it work out for you?

Termites there's few ways of doing it. one way is they put the poison around the house. the other, they spray the whole house with poison. for the poison, it comes in few forms, liquid, solid and maybe gas?

I would wrap them up or bag them, don't want any chemical reactions, but then I'm not familiar with the chemicals in fumigation.

I had my home fumigated and left everything inside. I have life size statues and a lot of collectibles. I also have autographed movie posters in frames on my wall. Nothing happened. They still are looking good and no discoloration at all.

I had my home fumigated and left everything inside. I have life size statues and a lot of collectibles. I also have autographed movie posters in frames on my wall. Nothing happened. They still are looking good and no discoloration at all.

I usually grab as much as possible, especially plants, pets, posters and Hellraiser figures :) It may sound extra cautious but I prefer to wrap massive and important stuff with blankets or something. To prevent future fumigations I try to follow as this article says:
- regular basement and garage check;
- checking all wooden supports and furniture;
- looking for termite signs (small holes, feces);
- keeping the house dry.

Termites there's few ways of doing it. one way is they put the poison around the house. the other, they spray the whole house with poison. for the poison, it comes in few forms, liquid, solid and maybe gas?

He is in Cali, they prob don't allow anything decent to kill them like digging/poison treatments that would last.

Back