Redman - The Cowboy G

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trav99ss

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Searched around for a thread about this figure but didn't find any. Anybody else get this figure? Just got mine today and am pretty happy with it. Was really wanting an Eastwood figure from his western days and there just isn't much out there to choose from. Saw this one still available in the Timewalker weekly email and figured I give it a shot.

Heard some not so good things about Redman sculpts but I think this one is pretty good imho. The body is pretty lightweight and feels kind of cheap but does the job well enough. I'm guessing some may not like that the hat is sculpted on, but I'm fine with that as I wouldn't want to display him without the hat. As with most every figure I've ever bought, he looks even better in hand than the pictures show. Definitely worth the price to me and very happy to have him in the display.

clint_gbu_01.jpg

Wow...that looks amazing! I was interested in this, but didn't know how the production piece would turn out. I hope the Lee Van Clef figure is just as great

Looks like they also have a Val Kilmer Doc Holiday (Tombstone) coming as well

The figures are great and worth the price! recommended!

Heard some not so good things about Redman sculpts but I think this one is pretty good imho.
That's because this isn't a Redman sculpt. It was made by Trevor Grove for Iminime, and recast for this release. The guys doing this are a bunch of bums who I won't support.

Ha ha ha if u like recasted junk then go right ahead and by this crap. This company sucks for stealing other artists work!!!!!

That's because this isn't a Redman sculpt. It was made by Trevor Grove for Iminime, and recast for this release. The guys doing this are a bunch of bums who I won't support.

Dang... still pretty new to collecting figures and didn't know that. Guess that's why there aren't any Redman threads around... :slap

Dang... still pretty new to collecting figures and didn't know that. Guess that's why there aren't any Redman threads around... :slap
Yeah, these are being sold all over by well known retailers, so no fault to you or others who haven't followed all of that. The figure does look good, in part because it has such a great sculpt as its base. Very disappointing to see another artist and company to have their work stolen and used this way, though.

Ha ha ha if u like recasted junk then go right ahead and by this crap. This company sucks for stealing other artists work!!!!!

yes they are recasted,but the figures are not junk...they are not Hot Toys,but they look and pose great

Does anyone know if Trevor Grove had anything to say about this? Because Redman's status is like those, many other 1/6 companies in the market nowadays, I thought no one would be so brazen to pull off any rip-off recasting, so I also thought that there might be some arrangement between the two parties, perhaps a one time fee for permission to recast?

I wish someone would make a nice 1:6 Mare's Laig.

I know Triad Toys made one for their Josh Randall figure a few years ago.

Does anyone know if Trevor Grove had anything to say about this? Because Redman's status is like those, many other 1/6 companies in the market nowadays, I thought no one would be so brazen to pull off any rip-off recasting, so I also thought that there might be some arrangement between the two parties, perhaps a one time fee for permission to recast?

I don't think Trevor commented, he's well used to having his work bootlegged by now. But Denny (the head figure producer at Iminime) was not happy, not one bit.

It was a surprise for most people, I think. Redman were only clothes set producers until this announcement; since then they have recasted the Iminime Dirty Harry sculpt for their own inferior release, and have also recasted Rainman's Alex DeLarge. I will never buy anything from them ever.

Well, as much as recasting sucks, I don't see how anyone can stop it. Whether by direct sale or resale, the heads/figures are finding their way into the hands of recasters. And there will always be demand for cheap knock-offs because the originals are so limited and expensive. I suppose the best we can do is buy direct from the artists whenever possible and hope that recasters don't drive away the real artists.

Rainman does fairly regular restocks to try to encourage people not to buy the recasts and get the sculpts directly from him, but apart from that there's really nothing else to be done. :(

If theres one good thing about this thread, its that people can at least become a little educated on the situation if they didn't know before. I don't blame anyone for buying these figures (especially if you didnt know they were total rip offs) but its important everyone knows that going in

yes they are recasted,but the figures are not junk...they are not Hot Toys,but they look and pose great

I'm not saying their hot toys. But the heads a recasted junk to me, I have no doubt the figures pose great and the clothing looks good so theirs some use for these figures if u need clothing and maybe score a original head and your all set. But I know high end customs are out of some peoples budget and that's fine so I guess this is a cheaper alternative. I own some high end customs myself but theirs ones I've had to pass on because they were out of my price range. I just think this company is ruthless in the way the recast everyone's work.

Its pretty obvious, your dealing with two different set of customers with different ideas on pricing.......this way everyone gets to go to the ball

Back