Hot toys Star Wars ROTJ Luke Skywalker (speculation thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rogers985

Super Freak
Reaction score
Recently got myself the hot toys a new hope Luke skywalker and it's awesome. But I'm missing a return of the jedi version. I thought about going down the custom route, but I thought I'd rather have the real deal. So I've created this thread in hope that anyone can post thoughts and eventually information on the official hot toys release (when it gets announced, I mean come on. They have to right?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally not that interested in owning a ANH or ESB Luke, ROTJ is where it's at.

I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this already?!

But yeah the only Luke I'm interested in is Jedi Luke. So hope we get him, and soon :pray:

I'd love it, would be miles ahead of anything else that's been done at this point. They could even do a version of him thats being hit with palpatines force lightning and you can see his skull through his skin! that would be sweet.

Ultimately though, this is the best Luke (so far) so I really just want them to do it justice, get everything right about it, even if it means we have to wait a year between PO and release.

I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this already?!

But yeah the only Luke I'm interested in is Jedi Luke. So hope we get him, and soon :pray:

I've beed searching for a thread like this to have a read but couldn't find one! So I kicked this up. But yeah let's hope we get an announcement this year

I'd love it, would be miles ahead of anything else that's been done at this point. They could even do a version of him thats being hit with palpatines force lightning and you can see his skull through his skin! that would be sweet.

Ultimately though, this is the best Luke (so far) so I really just want them to do it justice, get everything right about it, even if it means we have to wait a year between PO and release.

Yeah I agree, I don't mind waiting. I just want it to be done right! To be honest I'm sure they will nail it

Jedi Luke is kinda low on my Luke priority list. X-Wing and Bespin are what I would be happy with. I had already moved past Star Wars by the time ROTJ came out so my toy memories are with just SW and ESB.

I have a custom kitbash Jedi Luke, since I thought the overall quality of could be achieved with parts and at a reasonable cost was very cool.
I am pretty happy with it, always keep him displayed.
It's one of my most fun and loaded figures!

If this one comes out soon, I will consider an upgrade only if the leap in quality is very high compared to my custom.

A release by Hot Toys would probably improve the sculpt & hair, scale with other figures of the line, and overall posability since clothing will be better from any angle.

Posability is very dynamic and different with this figure, since the clothes offer a lot of possibilities.

They should include "an invisible thread" and offer buyers the possibility of posing Jedi Luke with the levitating saber out of the box!

I would prefer that Hot Toys releases a Snowspeeder Luke first. That is a must for me.

DX line is dead. But a non-DX Jedi Luke from ROTJ will definitely happen.

I just hope we get a sculpt with the rolling eyes again like the dx. I'd be more than happy with it being an mms release. If anything that would mean it'd be cheaper!

I have a custom kitbash Jedi Luke, since I thought the overall quality of could be achieved with parts and at a reasonable cost was very cool.
I am pretty happy with it, always keep him displayed.
It's one of my most fun and loaded figures!

If this one comes out soon, I will consider an upgrade only if the leap in quality is very high compared to my custom.

A release by Hot Toys would probably improve the sculpt & hair, scale with other figures of the line, and overall posability since clothing will be better from any angle.

Posability is very dynamic and different with this figure, since the clothes offer a lot of possibilities.

They should include "an invisible thread" and offer buyers the possibility of posing Jedi Luke with the levitating saber out of the box!

I would prefer that Hot Toys releases a Snowspeeder Luke first. That is a must for me.

I think I've seen your custom, it's brilliant. I almost did the same thing. But thought I'd hold off and wait and save myself from having to sell the custom on. The floating saver hilt accessory would be ace. Maybe submit the idea to hot toys somehow!?

Yeah I'm definitely looking forward to a new Jedi Luke. Although as someone who hasn't been too crazy about the previous HT Luke sculpts, I have a feeling the new one might not work that well for me either.

Although I guess by this point anything would be an improvement over the old Sideshow version...

Yeah I'm definitely looking forward to a new Jedi Luke. Although as someone who hasn't been too crazy about the previous HT Luke sculpts, I have a feeling the new one might not work that well for me either.

Although I guess by this point anything would be an improvement over the old Sideshow version...

HT's ANH Luke is superb. It captures what Hamill looked like pre-accident perfectly.

The key to great ESB & ROTJ Lukes is that they should look nothing like the ANH Luke. Pre-accident Hamill literally looks like a completely different person from post-accident Hamill.

The proto ANH Luke looked superb, but the final painted version just doesn't work for me well at all unfortunately.

And yeah, I'm hoping HT will try harder to capture his more crooked features for Jedi Luke, and not make him overly idealized and symmetrical again like they did for Bespin Luke. I can understand the desire to make him look as good and attractive as possible, but I've always liked the idea of Luke being a bit more "battle-scarred" in the later movies, as if he's grown and experienced quite a lot since he first left Tatooine.

The proto ANH Luke looked superb, but the final painted version just doesn't work for me well at all unfortunately.

And yeah, I'm hoping HT will try harder to capture his more crooked features for Jedi Luke, and not make him overly idealized and symmetrical again like they did for Bespin Luke. I can understand the desire to make him look as good as possible, but I've always liked the idea of Luke being a bit more "battle-scarred" in the later movies, as if he's grown and been through quite a lot since we last saw him.

So true. Ironically, Hamill's injuries helped the character look more mature. God bless the plastic surgeon who repaired him. Some people don't even realize how different he looks in ESB.

But a non-DX Jedi Luke from ROTJ will definitely happen.

This.

I think it's inevitable that HT will move on to ESB and then subsequently, RotJ. It's all but certain a RotJ will be included in that. Like others, I've contemplated making a custom RotJ, but I know that the real deal is eventually going to happen.

Rumour has it ROTJ Luke is slated to be one of the next figures up for pre-order (by the very reliable Jack Bauer), so I wouldn't think it will be too long. Maybe within the next few months? Hoping they have switch out hair as I've always thought sail barge Luke was one of his best looks.

Yea I couldn't wait for HT to do a Jedi Luke. I really like the way this guy turned out. Still I would buy an HT Jedi Luke in an instant. 20160126_210304.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back