Superhero Comic Book Reading - Research Study + $5 Amazon Credit for Participation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawpaw

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey fellow freaks,

I'm in my final year of grad school and i am completing my dissertation. Long story short, I'm looking to recruit a few people to be interviewed (20-60 minutes) via Skype about your experiences in reading superhero comic books. My only requirements is that potential participants read superhero comic books regularly and are 18+ years of age.

If you complete the interview, you will receive a $5 code for Amazon store credit.

This study is completely confidential, voluntary, and anonymous. This is a one time interview and there will be NO follow ups. The interviews will be recorded for data analysis (your answers will be coded and synthesized into themes). Each interview will be transcribed from the recording following completion and your interview will be assigned a number rather than by your name. Only my self, my research techs, and my supervisor will have access to this data (you will be de-identified before they are able to access the answers) and it will be stored safely following HIPAA and IRB compliance. I'm not sharing any of your answers will other board members or my peers.

As for the purpose of the study. I love geek and pop culture as it has served me in many ways throughout my life. It's served as validation of my uniqueness, I've sympathized with characters and even learned lessons from story content in a developmental sense. I wanted to do something meaningful and fun for my dissertation. I'm currently studying psychology and so I wanted to possibly show how superhero comic books can impact people on multiple levels. My hypothesis is that reading superhero comic books has served as a positive experience for many readers and also serves many other roles for readers.

If you would be interested, please send me a private message so we can coordinate a time to meet via Skype as well as your email in which the gift card can be sent. I have currently 1 more opening left for this study.

Thank you for your time and for any consideration you may have.

Last edited:
Just wanted to check in and see if anyone would be interested in helping out? I need about 9 more participants and know some of you would be awesome additions to this study.

Interview is about 25+ minutes long and you get $5 just for successfully participating.

Last edited:
Is anyone interested in helping me on this? No one is required but I just need 8 more participants to get to 20 total. I'd greatly appreciate ANY help. If you read comics for approximately 15 minutes per week, please consider participating. You get $5 Amazon credit

No scam. Just needing help to complete my dissertation.

Last edited:
Lol I didn't realize ^^WWEJEdi posted in here.

I wanted to thank everyone who helped with this. This project is complete and I've been able to submit two separate research articles to peer reviewed journals. I also will be doing a CEU training over superhero therapy in OKC this next summer as this project really peaked some interests in people. Thanks again everyone!

No one in white coats came by my house to pick me up so I must have aced the test. :rock

:rock Everyone gets an A+

2E9ED8BC00000578-0-image-a-85_1447999965911.jpg

Back