"Tombo" Doors are coming back!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aslan_gfx

Super Freak
Reaction score
Good news for all "Tombo" Doors Fans :clap

The Doors are coming back, but they will have a new name... called "FISKVIKEN". In Germany they are in some stores already on sale. You have to call your ikea and ask them.

here are some pics...

(credtis to snooks)

24290238xx.jpg

24290235jc.jpg

24290242sj.jpg

I've been living in this "how to" section for the better part of a month now trying to figure out how I can display my stuff. This is very exciting news. I just got into HT and picked up 10 or so and have 20ish more pre-ordered and was completely convinced I'd have to leave them in the boxes forever. :pray:

Edit: I'm hoping for 48 cm so I can do 4 doors, but I'm just happy these may come back at all.

Since I only have 1/6, can I get away with 15 in or do I have to go up to 19 in for each shelf?

Yess!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought Glassvik doors two days ago but haven't opened them yet. Looks like I'll return them and wait for these. Thankfully I checked the forum before I started assembly today.

When should U.S expect to get these? And are he hinges different from sindvik doors?
And if they are can i still use the same hole to screw in the new hinge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When should U.S expect to get these? And are he hinges different from sindvik doors?
And if they are can i still use the same hole to screw in the new hinge?
Will be the same. Hinges for the newer models need to be purchased seperately so these could be the same.
I really like the sift close hinges though.

Just rearranged my Besta and I only need one new door to replace a Glassvik.
This news couldn't of come at a better time :D

Awesome news, but tbh I think I like my Glassviks. The borders can be a really classy look, and they hide the hinges if you're looking at the Bestas straight on, which is nice.

I sold my tombo doors during the scarcity lol. All 10 of them. I like the glassvik look more but glad to those who can continue to buy these now.

So if I want to display 1/6 in Bestas, and since these doors only come in 1/3 height (of the tall Besta frame) or 1/5 height, I have no choice but to go with the 3 shelf configuration if I don't want my shelves blocked by doors yes? I'm struggling hard with how to display my 1/6 collection and Detolfs aren't an option.

Back