Marvel's The Punisher - Netflix series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Marvel And Netflix Developing THE PUNISHER Starring Jon Bernthal
Marvel and Netflix are clearly happy with Jon Benthal's take on The Punisher in season two of Daredevil as TV Line reports that the online streaming service is looking to give a spinoff starring Jon Bernthal the green light. This hasn't been confirmed as of yet, but this comes from an extremely reliable source (it's a sister site to Deadline), so don't be surprised to hear something official soon. The Punisher will join Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and The Defenders, and it's hard not to wonder if Elektra might soon join them! For now though, this is fantastic news and a clear sign that Marvel are taking their reboot of the character very seriously as they look to redeem Frank Castle following a string of failed big screen adaptations. Its been said that The Punisher's origin story will play out in Daredevil season two, so it's obvious that there will be plenty of stories to tell with him once that wraps up! Tell us, are you guys looking forward to this solo spinoff?

Awesome! Normally, I don't like anything dealing with serial killers or slashers, but I love the Punisher. I never bothered with the Punisher, movies because as I said in a previous thread, I won't bother with superhero film unless it gets good reviews (except Batman V Superman because I know I'm going to like it), but Marvel has never let me down doing their heroes justice. I haven't been digging their villains, but Kingpin was great, so I trust them here.

I know it's not confirmed, but I am 100% confident this will happen. Between BvS, Suicide Squad, Civil War, Daredevil Season 2, Better Call Saul Season 2, and a new Star Wars film with Darth Vader in it coming out this year, it was hard for me to imagine me getting more excited for entertainment releases than 2016, but I guess things are just going to get even better. We'll probably get this in 2018, which means a Punisher season, a Daredevil Season, a Batman movie, an Aquaman movie, a Flash movie, and Infinity War. I don't know how anything will top that! I would have just been excited for a solo Batman movie for 2018, but oh my gosh...I love you Hollywood!

Hopefully I like his take on Punisher then :lol

Good news though. Always nice to get more comic based TV shows.

Could have seen this coming a mile away.

Was iron fist actually in jessica jones??

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

never really been a fan of Bernthal. He's kind of a prick in every film I've seen him in. I wish they could've gotten Thomas Jane, such a underrated actor and performance in the first film.

never really been a fan of Bernthal. He's kind of a prick in every film I've seen him in. I wish they could've gotten Thomas Jane, such a underrated actor and performance in the first film.
That only means he's going to be put in a movie where he's completely the opposite and impress you.

Not that it speaks to his acting chops but it was nice to see a friendly side of him in grudge match and I liked him in snitch. I met him last month seems like a cool dude in real life despite his resting ***** face.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Considering how great the shows have been so far, I have high hopes for this. Can't wait to see the awesome intro Netflix comes with for the Punisher.

Not surprising at all. But I wonder now if we're going to get an Iron Fist series cause Marvel was apparently getting cold feet about it, especially when they said only a few short months ago that they couldn't "crack it" which some people in the know said had to do with the fact that Danny Rand is a white guy doing kung fu, not an Asian guy. Yeah, sounds like PC/SJW attitudes are creeping into that production which is just too damn bad.

Really hoping we get official confirmation soon. I love Jon Bernthal, and have a feeling he will be brilliant as the Punisher, so it would be great for him to have a series of his own.

When NF greenlighting Punisher and JJ S2, are we ever going to get to the Defenders? :lol Hopefully both of these seasons are slated for after Defenders.

tumblr_o4dudvB6HK1uewdrio1_500.gif

tumblr_o4duu56WjT1uewdrio1_500.gif

Last edited:

That is great news and all... but it seems we aren't going to get a Daredevil Season 3... or at least not in the near future. Charlie Cox doesn't even know. Sometimes I wonder if Netflix/Marvel would be better suited in focusing on known successful shows like Daredevil/Jessica Jones instead of Luke Cage and Iron Fist, although Punisher should be awesome. I don't think having individual shows for both Luke Cage and Iron Fist is smart. Especially since those two guys have had so many team-ups in the comics. I think it would have been better to have them team-up in there own show, Power Man and Iron Fist, thus allowing a Daredevil Season 3, Jessica Jones Season 2, Punisher, Defenders to be filmed and premiered sooner.

Currently, there are five shows ahead of Daredevil Season 3. It is sad to think, with so many great DD stories left, that if the time frame stays the same... DD might not be back until 2019.

DD Season 2 Early 2016
Luke Cage Season 1 Late 2016
Iron Fist Season 1 Early 2017
Defenders Season 1 Late 2017
Jessica Jones Season 2 Early 2018
Punisher Season 1 Late 2018
Daredevil Season 3???? 2019?

I don't want a Defenders show, I'd much prefer to see a Daredevil season 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really looking forward to this. Netflix can keep this up for as long as they like. I'm in for every series for any character as long as they keep up the quality.

I don't want a Defenders show, I'd much prefer to see a Daredevil season 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With looking at the timeline.... I think I am the same now. I don't even know what threat they could face to justify a team-up. I was excited for Defenders, but now if I had to pick... I much rather get DD season 3.

tumblr_inline_o6ep1bR65D1qfv5cm_500.gif

My man Frank getting his show, oh yeah! Now get off yer bloody arses and give me me damn Moon Knight show!

Back