Avengers - The Infinity War a.k.a The Hot Toys Reckoning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 6.23.02 PM.jpg

Amazingly premature I know but when I saw this on FB I immediately thought of this group. 67 figures?! If you take an average figure cost of about $240 that's $16,080 to complete whatever line up comes (assuming that HT does them all, although I'm not sure why they wouldn't...)

I was thinking about making this thread the other day when I thought about this line... Do we think that Hot Toys will make one line 'Avengers - Infinity War' or will we end up with 2 lines of 'Avengers -Infinity War Pt. 1' and then 'Pt. 2'?

I'm assuming we will have one massive line spanning a 2-3 year period.

Each movie another chance to buy or skip the release. I try not think of cost of it all and just enjoy the collecting. If we list Thanos and guardians then Avengers and all the marvel release's we are slowly getting them all. If they are worthy in the collection is another story. I'm thankfull to pick n choose rerelease's and new release's as we go.

Amazingly premature I know but when I saw this on FB I immediately thought of this group. 67 figures?! If you take an average figure cost of about $240 that's $16,080 to complete whatever line up comes (assuming that HT does them all, although I'm not sure why they wouldn't...)
Yikes, I won't be dropping that much on this movie. I only really want Thanos and characters that look different than they did before but also appeal to me and are one I like, so that will narrow it down. Role in the movie is important to me too(2min cameo? Nope). 67 seems way too high for everyone to have a significant role
If there is that many it is going to be terrible. 67 characters into a four hour span?
I agree, although I think the movie will be awesome, they need to trim the roster of main characters.
I can see a lot of the 67 being cameos or brief appearances

I was thinking about making this thread the other day when I thought about this line... Do we think that Hot Toys will make one line 'Avengers - Infinity War' or will we end up with 2 lines of 'Avengers -Infinity War Pt. 1' and then 'Pt. 2'?

I'm assuming we will have one massive line spanning a 2-3 year period.

I think since the films are only a year apart it'll be one massive line. It might have 1 or 2 on the stands but I think overall it'll be just one massive line.

Yikes, I won't be dropping that much on this movie. I only really want Thanos and characters that look different than they did before but also appeal to me and are one I like, so that will narrow it down. Role in the movie is important to me too(2min cameo? Nope). 67 seems way too high for everyone to have a significant role. I agree, although I think the movie will be awesome, they need to trim the roster of main characters.
I can see a lot of the 67 being cameos or brief appearances

Here is the thing, anyone from any of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is far game (even from the television universe if they wanted) so you might get huge battle scenes where they wouldn't have to introduce people, especially given the powers of the Infinity Gems (Stones.) You could have Abomination show up or Yellow Jacket, you could have Iron Monger or Whiplash, even if they are flashbacks of previous films, they become fair game for the film.

It'll be interesting to see who will be captured in that 67 especially with the films coming out before it.

Here is the thing, anyone from any of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is far game (even from the television universe if they wanted) so you might get huge battle scenes where they wouldn't have to introduce people, especially given the powers of the Infinity Gems (Stones.) You could have Abomination show up or Yellow Jacket, you could have Iron Monger or Whiplash, even if they are flashbacks of previous films, they become fair game for the film.

It'll be interesting to see who will be captured in that 67 especially with the films coming out before it.

Oh absolutely, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them did, like Thanos playing the heroes greatest villains against them by bringing them back.

I'd be interested in seeing a list too :hi5:

I can see 67 characters being necessary since the stakes are going to have to be high. I just hope the Fantastic Four rights revert back to Marvel before IW, because that would be the way to debut the team prior to rushing them into their own franchise. Also not only would that mean finally getting a great FF lineup, but also Silver Surfer. That many figures would have Hot Toys dancing in the street.

Last edited:
That's so cool to see netflix's daredevil grouped in with the rest of the mcu!!!! We may one day get our hot toys daredevil!!

More importantly I think... who will be the core cast in the Infinity Wars movies?

Hoping the core cast remains Avenger-sized with the rest appearing via battle scenes. So much already feels cut out of the Avenger movies (more so AoU than the first one) and the run time is still 2 hr 20ish. Can't imagine more characters having any type of significant role without making the run time LOTRish.

Would be epic to include the Netflix heroes and I'd love to see at least Coulson and Daisy.

Or maybe it'll just be the "house after-party protocol" making up at least 60 of the 67 :lol

Even if there are 67 characters in the movie(s) I'm sure that the primary narrative(s) will follow a much smaller amount. Also 67 characters doesn't mean 67 Superheroes. My guess is Hot Toys will put out the core characters appearing in part 1 first, and then core characters in part 2 (there is a rumor one part will primarily be on earth and the other part in space, so it's possible some characters will receive more focus in one part over the other). After that I imagine other characters will be sprinkled in between part one and 2 and then for a long time afterwords like the "house party" figures were in IM3.

Unless there is a version of these characters which evokes even more of a classic comic book look and feel then the options that have already been released I will not being buying any duplicate characters from the Infinity War line.

Assuming these characterless are not killed off or written out by the time we get to IW (I don't want to know if they will be)...

Captain America - I have FA and AOU- I'm done,
IronMan - I have the Mk33, diecast MkIII and hoping they make a diecast MkVI. An IW IM would really have to wow me.
Hulk - I have The Avengers version - done
Thor - Just got AOU version - probably done (Ragnarok likely will be more tempting then IW when it comes to Thor)
Black Widow - just picked up WS version - done
Hawkeye - I have AOU version - done
Vision - Getting AOU version - first appearance and origin story, looks just like the comic- done
Scarlet Witch - waiting for the second AOU version from the end of the film - then I'll be done
Quick Silver - Pass unless I can get a really good deal down the road
Falcon- Plan on getting the Civil War version- then I'm done
War Machine - I have the Mk2, debating on whether I want to upgrade to mk1 or Mk3

So I can not imagine getting IW versions of any of these guys

Characters I may want in the future...

Doctor Strange - looks like the movie version will be pretty iconic- one and done.
Spider-man - We'll see what the CW one looks like, might be easy to wait for his movie though. I'll be done before IW comes out I am sure.
Black Panther - I imagine that Civil War or the one that will come out with his own movie will be the most iconic representation of the character
Ant-Man and Wasp - pass (rather have "tiny" versions)
Captain Marvel - pass (just not interested in the character, though I'll see the movie for sure)
Guardians of the Galaxy - I passed on the first wave, and I'll pass on the waves to come (though I loved the movies)

Netflix Daredevil, Luke Cage and Iron Fist - YES to all
Agents of Shield - I only want Mockingbird to complete a West Coast Avengers line up (though I'm sure she would not be a priority and an AOS line)

So what am I missing? What could I possibly want form Infinity War? The only thing I can imagine are unexpected Marvel characters that will be new to the MCU that haven't come out in any other form yet. A MCU of Fantastic Four? Yes please, but I am not holding my breath.

And 67 characters may get you something like the IM3 armors: 5 seconds of screen time in the background.

But they still make a figure :lol

And 67 characters may get you something like the IM3 armors: 5 seconds of screen time in the background.

Haha I'm actually hoping for that. This movie has the potential to be a disaster of epic proportions if it is nothing but a fan-wanky tribute that they feel a need to shoe-horn every single character into (no matter how little development time each one actually gets).

Back