Creed 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Creed 2? Seriously?

Hopefully Sly isn't in this one. He needs to quit while he's ahead.

Creed 2? Seriously?

Hopefully Sly isn't in this one. He needs to quit while he's ahead.

This is what I mean by predictable. If he makes anything that makes even a good amount of money, he needs to milk the **** out of it until it sucks. Honestly, after how insanely violent and enjoyable Rambo was, I'd hoped he would rather do that one.

I knew Creed would have a sequel the moment I walked out of the theater. They have a good main star I think it's in pretty good hands.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is what I mean by predictable. If he makes anything that makes even a good amount of money, he needs to milk the **** out of it until it sucks. Honestly, after how insanely violent and enjoyable Rambo was, I'd hoped he would rather do that one.

That's the worry. I hope another film doesn't ruin a good thing.

Having said that, I don't think this series has any major sharkjumping crap it could do? The worst it can be is just 'not memorable'..

I knew Creed would have a sequel the moment I walked out of the theater. They have a good main star I think it's in pretty good hands.

I didn't see it yet, but don't give him cartoon antagonist that just up the ante over and over like with the Rocky series. I mean, I can give it a pass since that started that type of thing with big franchises... plus it was the 80s. Just give him a variety of fighters that aren't just one super fighter after another... you know, like real life :lol

That's the worry. I hope another film doesn't ruin a good thing.

Having said that, I don't think this series has any major sharkjumping crap it could do? The worst it can be is just 'not memorable'..

It can't do any worse than Rocky V. Rocky should of been a one and done, but it was too much of a hit, and Creed was as well.

“You’ll have him face a different opponent, which I would say is a more ferocious, big Russian,” Stallone says. “There’s a lot there.” - Stallone

It's going to be Rocky IV all over again. I love that film since it's almost campy... but this kinda thing doesn't work in this day in age.

Last edited:
I didn't see it yet, but don't give him cartoon antagonist that just up the ante over and over like with the Rocky series. I mean, I can give it a pass since that started that type of thing with big franchises... plus it was the 80s. Just give him a variety of fighters that aren't just one super fighter after another... you know, like real life [emoji38]

It can't do any worse than Rocky V. Rocky should of been a one and done, but it was too much of a hit, and Creed was as well.

“You’ll have him face a different opponent, which I would say is a more ferocious, big Russian,” Stallone says. “There’s a lot there.” - Stallone

It's going to be Rocky IV all over again. I love that film since it's almost campy... but this kinda thing doesn't work in this day in age.
Yeah I'm naturally a bit skeptical with cash-grab sequels anyway. It might totally suck and I'm sure it won't be as good as the first.

I really enjoyed "Creed". And Sly actually delivered a very nice performance. But I knew if this was successful they'd be all over a sequel right away.

Why are we complaining that there will be a sequel to the seventh movie in a franchise? Isn't it invevitable? And if Creed was as good as I've heard.... Why are we complaining that there will be a sequel to a successful movie? Imagine if people complained that there would be a sequel to Star Wars back in '77. It was so good! Don't ruin this! Don't be a money hog! We wouldn't have gotten ESB. Maybe Creed 2 will be as good or better than Creed. Wait and see I say.

I haven't seen any of the Rocky movies. I think I should fix that.

Why are we complaining that there will be a sequel to the seventh movie in a franchise? Isn't it invevitable? And if Creed was as good as I've heard.... Why are we complaining that there will be a sequel to a successful movie? Imagine if people complained that there would be a sequel to Star Wars back in '77. It was so good! Don't ruin this! Don't be a money hog! We wouldn't have gotten ESB. Maybe Creed 2 will be as good or better than Creed. Wait and see I say.

I haven't seen any of the Rocky movies. I think I should fix that.

Well two things. It's a soft reboot, so it's not directly connected to the previous series. The problem is, Stallone will probably continue to have heavy involvement in it, so it will lose it's magic very quickly.

How is it a reboot? Doesn't it contain the character Rocky? Does it erase the continuity of the past movies? That's what reboots do. They wash their hands of what came before and start all over again. This is more of a spin-off than a direct sequel but it takes place in the Rocky universe and doesn't take away anything that came before it. Please correct me if I'm wrong in that assumption.

People getting bent out of shape over remakes, reboots, reimaginations, sequels, prequels, spin-offs etc need to realize that the new movie will bring new audiences to an older work that may have either gone unnoticed or disregarded. I have obviously heard of Rocky. I know the first two and the sixth are among the better ones. The fourth is a guilty pleasure. The fifth is supposedly crap. I heard this spin-off film is good. I'm interested in seeing the whole series now when I couldn't care less before.

I just notice whenever you start a thread it's usually to complain about something that we can agree doesn't need to be made. Ghostbusters, for example, is a movie that looks awful in so many ways I wouldn't bother to list them. But little kids whose parents aren't big Ghostbuster fans may see the movie. They might like the movie. They might hear there are older movies. They will go and find those older movies and become fans. If these newer movies turn out to be crap, they can be ignored. It doesn't hurt what came before it. The worst that can happen is they can drive a franchise into the ground to be rebooted with a superior movie later.

As for Stallone's involvement, do you mean as an actor or as a writer or as a producer? I don't know what he did with this movie or the past movies. How will he hurt the movie? If he does, refer to what I posted above.

I used to be bitter about them "ruining" my favorite movies as a kid. Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes was a disaster. I was so excited to see it. The costume and set design looked amazing. The practical make-up effects were great. The music sounded cool. The action figures were very realistic for their day. I bought them all! But then I saw the movie and.... Oh boy, what a let down! I hated the idea of them messing up any of my favorite movies for years and years.

But in the end, did that movie hurt the original series? No. It was just a waste of my time and money. When the Andy Serkis reboot was announced, I decided I wouldn't bother seeing it. I didn't want to waste my time or money. But my dad really wanted to see it. So I was a good son and went with him. And was blown away. I love that movie. I loved the sequel. I can't wait for the third one. Did it replace the original series? Nope! I still love those old films and have a nice collection of figures from them. But the new movie acts as a nice companion piece to the original series. Sometimes these projects, as bad as they may look or sound before they're fully realized, turn out to be great in their own right. My two cents.

Last edited:
Yeah reboot is definitely the wrong word, it's a spin-off.

It's a sequel/spin-off. There's enough Rocky in it for it to be a direct sequel imo. He's not a side character he's a main character.

That's why I said "soft" reboot. Seeing how it's the beginning of someone else's story, I don't think I'm wrong calling it that but whatever.

That's why I said "soft" reboot. Seeing how it's the beginning of someone else's story, I don't think I'm wrong calling it that but whatever.

well considering Rocky is in 70% of the film, the kid calls him uncle, and we visit Rockys past, I'd say this is closer to a sequel, but it could also be a spiritual reboot of sorts, the film is almost an exact remake of the original film.

well considering Rocky is in 70% of the film, the kid calls him uncle, and we visit Rockys past, I'd say this is closer to a sequel, but it could also be a spiritual reboot of sorts, the film is almost an exact remake of the original film.

I can go with that.

creeds-scott-stapp-reviews-creed-the-movie.jpg

Creed was awesome! Great movie and Stallone was incredible in it. Does it need a sequel? No. Will it be as powerful as a movie? No. Will I see it? Hell yes! :) Stallone has to be in it though, he made it. It was a Rocky sequel IMO.

well considering Rocky is in 70% of the film [...] the film is almost an exact remake of the original film.

So was The Force Awakens (a movie that is the beginning of someone else's story, a movie that has Han Solo and Chewbacca in 70% of the film, and the film being called derivitive and ANH 2.0) a sequel or a reboot? Reboot literally means to shut down and restart. They didn't shut down the narrative of Rocky and start from scratch. It's continuing that same narrative with Creed as the starring character and Rocky taking a supportive role. It's a passing of the torch. Call it a sequel or a spin-off but it is not a reboot.

Semantics aside, you didn't take the time to address any of my other words.

Creed was awesome! Great movie and Stallone was incredible in it. Does it need a sequel? No. Will it be as powerful as a movie? No. Will I see it? Hell yes! :) Stallone has to be in it though, he made it. It was a Rocky sequel IMO.

This guy here is excited for the movie. I don't see why you have to be so negative against all of these movie projects you think are pointless. I also asked how Stallone's involvement would hurt the movie when again, this guy says he should be a part of it.

I wonder if Rocky and its sequels are all on Netflix and/or Amazon Prime.

Back