Media Assassin's Creed Origins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Assassin's Creed "Empire" 2017

It'll be interesting to see how they go with Ancient Egypt. Obviously this is going to follow a more 'Black Flag'-ish/ACI/ACIII path with the vast expanses of areas to travel. I actually enjoyed those parts.

I also hope we also get more of the First Civilization as the 'villains'. Ancient Egypt has their own Egyptian pantheon and it'd be interesting to actually see those "gods" as some of the last remnants of the First Civilization ruling over a worker class. The fact that the protagonist is going to be a former slave echoes that sort of relationship between the First Civ and the early humans. I can foresee potentially one or two First Civilization "gods" as the main villains (like Set, a traditional 'evil' Egyptian god), the Pharoahs and their ruling nobles as the "first Templars" and the slaves and other rebels comprising of the early Assassin brotherhood before the "move" to Masayf and the formation of the "official" brotherhood.

This could turn out to be very well done if Ubisoft plays their cards right.

hmmm this might actually draw me back in. Skipped Unity and Syndicate and thought I was done with the series.

An AC Feudal Japan would also do it for me.

Love egypt and this might get me back in the games.

image.jpeg

hmmm this might actually draw me back in. Skipped Unity and Syndicate and thought I was done with the series.

The rumored UbiSoft employee commented on the Feudal Japan timeframe. According to him/her, he doesn't know why the upper management won't do it yet because apparently "all" of UbiSoft and the fandom is aware that this is what everyone wants to see.:

"****** if I know. Everyone wants it, but I have no idea why they don't do it. The people in charge seem to think the mechanics don't work in that setting. I kind of understand, though. You have to redesign the character and his/her controls from scratch. That means you cannot recycle animations and other systems. Every AC game is ****ing expensive to make. So recycling is essential. Without it, other things will be sacrificed."

Smart thing to do would be to have a development team work on the Japanese AC while other teams work on the other ACs. Since they might shift to an "every-2 years" schedule, I can see UbiSoft EVENTUALLY doing the Feudal Japan setting. But I can see how you might have to shift mechanics a bit to accommodate for the obvious ninja Assassin. Remember Tenchu? I'd like to see the Japanese AC as something like that...but it would take a lot of work with what they have now.

Trust me,you didn't miss anything.The series has gone downhill since AC3.Black Flag was ok,Unity was bearable but you would expect changes in the Mechanics on a new game for the next gen console but it offered little changes,and syndicate was the same which was the most boring game of them all.A slow paced story and it is the perfect example that Ubisoft have nothing creative to come up with anymore,they have reached the bottom compared to what the series used to be.Everything just seems like a copy and paste progress and have their focus on the design alone.I think many people have pushed their patience far enough.
I was officially done after syndicate.If the gameplay will remain the same for the next one i don't care if it's Egypt,Japan or China.They seriously need to go back to the drawing board and create something new from scratch and i do hope that's the reason they will make 2016 an AC-Free year.Some time to develope something new and fresh.If that's the case remains to be seen,i wouldn't count on it.

The rumored UbiSoft employee commented on the Feudal Japan timeframe. According to him/her, he doesn't know why the upper management won't do it yet because apparently "all" of UbiSoft and the fandom is aware that this is what everyone wants to see.:

"****** if I know. Everyone wants it, but I have no idea why they don't do it. The people in charge seem to think the mechanics don't work in that setting. I kind of understand, though. You have to redesign the character and his/her controls from scratch. That means you cannot recycle animations and other systems. Every AC game is ****ing expensive to make. So recycling is essential. Without it, other things will be sacrificed."

Smart thing to do would be to have a development team work on the Japanese AC while other teams work on the other ACs. Since they might shift to an "every-2 years" schedule, I can see UbiSoft EVENTUALLY doing the Feudal Japan setting. But I can see how you might have to shift mechanics a bit to accommodate for the obvious ninja Assassin. Remember Tenchu? I'd like to see the Japanese AC as something like that...but it would take a lot of work with what they have now.

This was my point EXACTLY.They don't bother with a new setting just because the mechanics doesn't fit?Example of how Ubisoft have become with the AC series.
Even EA sports with their Fifa and other sports games change the mechanics for their yearly releases.As a hardcore Fifa gamer,they feel fresh every year even if it's "Just Football" like many average Fifa gamers say.

Interesting info, thanks.
I have no idea why you'd have to redo the mechanics from scratch. The mechanics they currently have would work fine.

Trust me,you didn't miss anything.The series has gone downhill since AC3.Black Flag was ok,Unity was bearable but you would expect changes in the Mechanics on a new game for the next gen console but it offered little changes,and syndicate was the same which was the most boring game of them all.A slow paced story and it is the perfect example that Ubisoft have nothing creative to come up with anymore,they have reached the bottom compared to what the series used to be.Everything just seems like a copy and paste progress and have their focus on the design alone.I think many people have pushed their patience far enough.
I was officially done after syndicate.If the gameplay will remain the same for the next one i don't care if it's Egypt,Japan or China.They seriously need to go back to the drawing board and create something new from scratch and i do hope that's the reason they will make 2016 an AC-Free year.Some time to develope something new and fresh.If that's the case remains to be seen,i wouldn't count on it.

I do have to say that I loved Black Flag.... I even liked Rogue which was really just a DLC to Black Flag (though it did connect Black Flag to AC3 which was cool)

I just sort of felt that the Ezio trilogy completed all the city running you could ever need ....3 added wilderness/forests and winter ...Black Flag added free roaming ocean gameplay ..... at this point, each new game needs to add something new for me to be interested.

Interesting info, thanks.
I have no idea why you'd have to redo the mechanics from scratch. The mechanics they currently have would work fine.

It depends on the "vision" they have for the game. A lot of the AC games essentially have the game's free-running and combat mechanics already created and built, essentially what every team does is just put a new coat of paint on that. A lot of the "rag doll" physics are already made by other companies like the "havok" engine which is incorporated by A LOT of games. In fact, there are companies that make money off of selling their "engines" to game developers. The 'Arkham' Batman series is built off of the Epic Games 'Unreal' Engine. UbiSoft has its own engine for the AC games called "Anvil".

Coding takes a lot of work. I'm not a coder but I work with some and know from some experience that some coding is easier than others and every time you toss in a new element, it could cause you to look back at the others. Considering how detailed games are nowadays, it takes A LOT of work. This is why sports games (like NFL, NHL, FIFA, etc.) and Call of Duty are issued out annually, they're just putting a shiny layer of paint on an existing model with some tweaks along the way. The same can be said for the AC series in hindsight, whose "core" mechanics have been largely the same since the series' inception. Updating Anvil could take a lot of work in order for UbiSoft to achieve their "vision" for a Feudal Japan AC.

I could foresee the Japanese having A LOT of interior scenes, and as such, you're going to want to "feel" like a true ninja. Not just hiding behind corners, but perhaps even hanging from the ceiling or even reworking how your enemies react and their AI. It's not impossible, but it takes a lot of work that perhaps UbiSoft isn't "ready" to devote to the series right now. If they deliver a craptastic Feudal Japan AC with poor play mechanics, they'll get a lot of hate. Have you played 'TENCHU'? That is perhaps the BEST ninja series that has ever been released and it incorporated a lot of what myself and other fans might anticipate out of seeing in a Feudal Japan AC. I honestly feel AC's current character dynamics might be a little too 'rugged' for feeling like a stealthy, sneaky ninja. You're going to want to speed the character up.

I skipped Unity. Then I bought it in October 'cause it was on sale for 10 bucks. I'd say the game is only worth that. Nothing amazing with it. At least major glitches were fixed. Some combat and supposed features sucked. Syndicate however, was fantastic. I really got a kick out of it. I got it for free, so I can place a value; but it's definitely worth playing.

Interesting. I'll keep an eye on this. People need to play Rogue, a grossly underappreciated entry to the series. If you liked Black Flag, you will like that. Yes it is, at it's core a 4 reskin, but it's well done and goes to show what happens when you give free reign to a team with maximally developed potential already existing and let them craft a good narrative.

I suspect the break in cycle has a lot to do with the film coming out this year. They probably will be pushing that big time and don't want the film to chew into game sales and vice versa. They want to get their narratives made into more films, so this HAS to do well for them. It's an added bonus that they can nip the short development in the butt in the process, appeasing everyone.

It depends on the "vision" they have for the game. A lot of the AC games essentially have the game's free-running and combat mechanics already created and built, essentially what every team does is just put a new coat of paint on that. A lot of the "rag doll" physics are already made by other companies like the "havok" engine which is incorporated by A LOT of games. In fact, there are companies that make money off of selling their "engines" to game developers. The 'Arkham' Batman series is built off of the Epic Games 'Unreal' Engine. UbiSoft has its own engine for the AC games called "Anvil".

Coding takes a lot of work. I'm not a coder but I work with some and know from some experience that some coding is easier than others and every time you toss in a new element, it could cause you to look back at the others. Considering how detailed games are nowadays, it takes A LOT of work. This is why sports games (like NFL, NHL, FIFA, etc.) and Call of Duty are issued out annually, they're just putting a shiny layer of paint on an existing model with some tweaks along the way. The same can be said for the AC series in hindsight, whose "core" mechanics have been largely the same since the series' inception. Updating Anvil could take a lot of work in order for UbiSoft to achieve their "vision" for a Feudal Japan AC.

I could foresee the Japanese having A LOT of interior scenes, and as such, you're going to want to "feel" like a true ninja. Not just hiding behind corners, but perhaps even hanging from the ceiling or even reworking how your enemies react and their AI. It's not impossible, but it takes a lot of work that perhaps UbiSoft isn't "ready" to devote to the series right now. If they deliver a craptastic Feudal Japan AC with poor play mechanics, they'll get a lot of hate. Have you played 'TENCHU'? That is perhaps the BEST ninja series that has ever been released and it incorporated a lot of what myself and other fans might anticipate out of seeing in a Feudal Japan AC. I honestly feel AC's current character dynamics might be a little too 'rugged' for feeling like a stealthy, sneaky ninja. You're going to want to speed the character up.

Get what you're saying and sure coding is work but everything you've said applies to every new setting AC has. Japan wouldn't be anywhere near a big a change as Black Flag was to the core of the game.
Most ninja lore is just fiction. They had nothing different about them from anything you can do in the current AC games.

But anyway, I guess I agree with the Ubisoft employee hat has no idea what they're thinking. Thanks for the info!

Wow, skipping 2016? That's a first for the series, we haven't skipped a year since the gap between AC I and AC II, probably for the best. I only just got Unity and Syndicate last month anyway.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452009966.703669.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you're Project_A and haven't posted a middle aged women gif in 5 seconds.

You couldn't pay me enough to get back into this series.

Back