The Art of Marvel Studios Book and your collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaymas

Super Freak
Reaction score
556549.jpg
I got this box set for Christmas this year and I have to tell you I feel like these books go hand in hand with my growing Marvel Hot Toys collection.

Anyone else have any of these books and feel like there is a great crossover with these books and your figures?

I also got the Age of Ultron book, and I am thinking about getting Iron Man 3, and Captain America 2. I would love the Avengers book, but that one seems hard to get.

I have them all. And am working on one for hot toys actually. I love the books.

Congrats on getting them.

I use my art books as backdrops for my figures and also goes great with my other collectibles. Below is an old pic.

2015-02-01%2011.31.11_zpsqnqsmpyd.jpg

I've collected every book to date but am going to start being more selective going forward with Phase 3.

I use my art books as backdrops for my figures and also goes great with my other collectibles. Below is an old pic.

2015-02-01%2011.31.11_zpsqnqsmpyd.jpg

I've collected every book to date but am going to start being more selective going forward with Phase 3.

Nice collection. Who did your Cap suit?

I got that set a few years ago and I have to say that I was hugely disappointed with the quality! There is simply no structure to the books since they made these soft cover versions. Plus the paper stock they used is like tissue-thin and it makes handling the books nearly impossible. The only way to read these is to lay them flat on a table and leaf through them that way, just so they are properly supported. I have other art books from Marvel and the hard cover makes a big difference, and I think the interior paper stock might be a tad heavier as well.

It’s unfortunate because I think the content is great. I love all the sketches and paintings and reading the blurbs (although I think the design and layout is way too busy which makes it hard to read).

But yes, get all the books—just make sure they are the hard cover versions!

Congrats on the Christmas gifts!! :rock I got the Iron Man 3 and Agents of Shield ones as Christmas gifts! :rock

I love these kind of books (I have the majority of the 'Art of' series) - they supplement my figure collection perfectly and if I had the space to do so I would put them on display with the figures (like in the pic above)

Looking forward to the phase 3 books. :yess:

I have them all. And am working on one for hot toys actually. I love the books.
yea? tell me more...

FYI, Amazon has the IM3 book for 42% Off

Thanks for the tip. - Just ordered.

great display!!! Thanks for sharing the pic.

...yes, get all the books—just make sure they are the hard cover versions!

Well the softcover set was a gift, I am thankful for the hard slipcase they fit in. Yea, I have to read them at a table, but I am enjoying them.

I started a thread about it last year. It's a very slow process and getting a publisher lined up has been difficult. But i am planning it being bts info and pictures of protos and interviews with employees. Things like that.

I started a thread about it last year. It's a very slow process and getting a publisher lined up has been difficult. But i am planning it being bts info and pictures of protos and interviews with employees. Things like that.

That's a really cool idea. keep us updated on how it goes going forward. I would love to have something like that.

You're welcome Jaymas! Before the Holidays they had Thor on sale as well but looks like that went back up.

I'll have to add it to my wish list and keep watching it for another sale. Thanks again.

You're welcome! I'm sure it'll come back down in price. If you're into Star Wars, they have the Force Awakens Art book at 40% off.

I have the art of ant man and also the iron man manual. Great books. The IM book is a great reference for all the hpp armors

I have the Art of Thor, Avengers, and Age of Ultron. I wouldn't mind getting the Winter Soldier art book, wonder if it ever goes on sale.

I have the Art of Thor, Avengers, and Age of Ultron. I wouldn't mind getting the Winter Soldier art book, wonder if it ever goes on sale.

That one I haven't seen go on sale, or if it has I've missed it. I try to keep an eye on them. It's out of stock right now on Amazon.

I've got all the Movie books to date bar the first two Iron Man ones...I made a real mistake not picking those up now. They're expensive everywhere I see them. I also have the Agent Carter book as well which is really good as it has some behind the scenes, production details, not just art in it. I wish the others would feature that sort of detail. Still, I hope one day for an official retrospective or something on the entire series when Infinity War ends, which has behind the scenes photos, interviews etc.

Well the softcover set was a gift, I am thankful for the hard slipcase they fit in. Yea, I have to read them at a table, but I am enjoying them.

Sorry, I didn't want to come across as a negative nancy! They are definitely worth having. I got the set because I too missed out on getting those books when they first came out and it was an easy and cost-effective way of getting them. I just wanted to point out that the physical quality of the books are not all they are cracked up to be--just a warning so people could make an informed decision in case they were considering getting this set.

So yea, good set to get if you missed out, but be warned that the soft cover versions are hard to handle!

I've been getting those art books for a very long time! I started with the original SW art books (except Empire which I only ever got the sketchbook/screenplay book), and I have all the Pixar books and have been getting most of the Marvel books. I usually get them for Christmas (got Inside Out, the Good Dinosaur, and Avengers AOU this year) because they are easy things to have on a wishlist, but my wife thinks I'm crazy amassing such a huge collection of books!

I'll have to take a look at all my art books. I have a few for Star Wars, a couple anime ones, Hellboy, Thor, Avengers, AoU, and I got the Peanuts Movie one. I'll probably get the art of TFA too. Oh yeah, and I also have the Making of Jurassic Park.

I'm a big Wall-E fan, is that art book worth getting?

I'll have to take a look at all my art books. I have a few for Star Wars, a couple anime ones, Hellboy, Thor, Avengers, AoU, and I got the Peanuts Movie one. I'll probably get the art of TFA too. Oh yeah, and I also have the Making of Jurassic Park.

I'm a big Wall-E fan, is that art book worth getting?

Absolutely! All the Pixar books are great since they have such incredible talent there. The Wall-E one is particularly good because of all the sci-fi stuff. TFA is also quite good.

I've got all the Movie books to date bar the first two Iron Man ones...I made a real mistake not picking those up now. They're expensive everywhere I see them. I also have the Agent Carter book as well which is really good as it has some behind the scenes, production details, not just art in it. I wish the others would feature that sort of detail. Still, I hope one day for an official retrospective or something on the entire series when Infinity War ends, which has behind the scenes photos, interviews etc.

:exactly: The Agent Carter book is probably my favourite out of all the ones that I have. :)

Back