Sherlock (BBC) - Spoilers thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamandi

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was going to comment on last night's episode "The Abominable Bride" and it would appear we don't have a thread for this series. Really?

Some of us were discussing the show in the various headsculpt and custom threads but it's time there was an actually show discussion.

The special definetively wasn't what I expected, but I liked it, it tied into the rest of the series nicely

I thought it was terrific. Totally meta with the Victorian era commenting on the modern era and vice versa. I had a gut feeling that this episode wasn't going to adhere to the Victorian setting all the way through; something just didn't feel right about that after the ending of "His Last Vow." Very clever and interesting use of the "Mind Palace" technique while under the influence of a 7% solution! And what a mind trip it was. I think this has already ended up being the most divisive Sherlock episode yet according to the reactions so far. Makes me truly sad that we have to wait until next bloody year to see what Sherlock means by what you know who does next. I can already see that this coming season is going to be dark as night what with everything that was explored and hinted at in last night's episode.

I'll be honest, I was sorry to see them tie this episode into the regular series. I think it fell apart once they started jumping back and forth with the present day. I rather hoped they would just do a one off episode as a Holiday special without feeling the need to bridge it.

I really enjoyed it too, been such a long time coming - so nice to finally have a new Sherlock episode to watch, gives my well-used DVDs a rest!

Can't wait for Series 4 now!! :impatient:

Because of the long season breaks lol anyway this was brilliant. Can't wait for the next episode. Moriarty was Joker esque in crazy, I guess crazier.

Wow this 4th season is really good. I stumbled on Abominable Bride on Amazon so I bought it as an xmas gift for someone, I didn't know they would air it. Only one more episode left of this season...Anyone know if they have been green lit to do a 5th season down the line?

Wow this 4th season is really good. I stumbled on Abominable Bride on Amazon so I bought it as an xmas gift for someone, I didn't know they would air it. Only one more episode left of this season...Anyone know if they have been green lit to do a 5th season down the line?

I read that the producer would like to keep the show going but season 4 may be the last due to the schedules of the actors. It sounded like further episodes will depend on if Cumberbatch and Freeman decide to keep it going.

I read that the producer would like to keep the show going but season 4 may be the last due to the schedules of the actors. It sounded like further episodes will depend on if Cumberbatch and Freeman decide to keep it going.

Ah, makes sense. For sure the way things are going in it, it could make for a way to end the series.

Season 4 Finale:

GIF--Not-Impressed-Eww-Euw-Awful-Bad-Clint-Eastwood-disgust-GIF.gif

It was ok. I wasn't glued. Goddamn
Spoiler Spoiler:

If it is the series finale, I suppose it'll do.

It was ok. I wasn't glued. Goddamn
Spoiler Spoiler:

If it is the series finale, I suppose it'll do.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought it was decent. Maybe the one thing we can hope for is some sort of one off xmas special, which should be easier to coordinate than a full season.

I didn't really like it.

Moriarty I liked. Sherlock's secret long lost sister with super powers I didn't like.

Really wish the writers hadn't have had Moriarty shoot himself in the head.

It would have been cool if they brought in Tom Hiddleston in the last scene as a new villain. I still can't believe they wasted all that time on the sister. Goddamn she was annoying, combined with all those bits of Moriarty in between.

Yeah, the sister thing felt like a waste. My wife and I kinda miss episodes like in the beginning where they were more based on original Doyle stories and just modernized. I think them trying to create these larger arcs where the mystery is practically secondary made everything buckle under its own weight.

Still nice to see BC and MF in the roles though.

Back