dls712's - 1/6 Scale Displays - Star Wars & Others

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dls712

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all -

Long-time member/lurker dls712 here… finally starting a thread dedicated to the 1/6 scale displays I’ve been working on over the years. Some recent coaxing from Enaud, Chakaman, and Natedog got me to get off my duff to get this thread rolling.

Been in the “new” house for 12-ish years. Have been working on the basement 1/6 scale display area since moving in. A few items were made at our previous place - been at this hobby for over 20 years. Star Wars, Indiana Jones, 1950’s Classic Sci-Fi, Hollywood Icons, Marvel & DC Superheroes, Ghostbusters, Universal Monsters, Men in Black, Pirates of the Caribbean, Back to the Future, Classic Westerns, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Classic TV are all in play.

Pretty much everything is still a work-in-process. I tend to start on something, get it to the point where I can tell that I’ll be satisfied with the outcome, then abandon it for a while to move on and start something else. Sometimes it is literally years before I get back to working on a project again.

My plan is to have everything “done” in the next 10 years or so. :)

Cleaned up the display area over the Christmas break - took a bunch of pictures while everything was tidy.

Let’s start with Star Wars…

The project so far:
Custom built Snowspeeder, transom, Gonk Droid, and "snow walls." All in a built-into-the-wall space.

Still to do:
Finish the building of all of the above, paint & weather everything, put together some Hoth Rebel Troopers and Pilots, add some more ice structures & equipment for atmosphere, and finalize the lighting. Then seal it all behind glass and frame it up.

That is one hell of a first post!:clap

Glad to see you made the move to chime in & share some of your work. Welcome aboard:wink1:

1/6 Snowspeeder???? Wow!!!!

And the rest of the display is just amazing. Hope you took some build pictures because this is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you decided to post some of your work. Truly amazing stuff.

Welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing more of your customs/dioramas.

Thanks all for the kind words.

Jabba's Throne Room

The project so far:
Basic structure completed inside of a built-in area - same dimensions (and right next to) the Hoth scene. Some wall texturing done.

Still to do:
A lot! Finish wall texturing, paint the arch design, add the grill and all of the other Throne Room necessaries, sort out the lighting, upgrade Hasbro Lando, put together an Enaud Klaatu, and figure out who else I want to add. Then - sand on the floor, glass in front, and frame it up.

Anakin’s Pod Racer

The project so far:
The main forming of the two engines and the pod is complete. Diorama base has been shaped. Vertically mounted on a wall above some other Star Wars displays.

Still to do:
Add a TON of detail to the engines, add windshield and cockpit detail to the pod, get cables to connect engines to the pod, create the “energy lightning” between the engines, texture the base, and weather and paint it all.

Ohhhh myyyy Gooood!!!!!
This is star wars!!! You have a new follower! Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Other Star Wars Area

Top shelf is dedicated to the “Original 12”… I was one of the many lucky kids who found the original Early Bird Kit under the Christmas tree back in 1977. Always wanted to set up the 1/6 scale equivalents in the same order on a shelf. Getting closer - have Sideshow C-3PO and Hot Toys Luke & Leia on pre-order. The framing around this shelf will be made to replicate a Death Star blast door.

The three shelves underneath - not sure what the final outcome will be. Prequel Jedi? Prequel Troopers? Emperor’s Throne with cool window behind? Jar Jar and Boss Nass on permanent display?

Moving to the right - Endor display with (all Hasbro) Speederbike & Trooper, and custom-built AT-ST. Pretty happy how the AT-ST turned out, but I made the “ears” too dome-like… should be more flat. The access hatch opens and the head swivels… otherwise is static. Need to make a forest-floor base, add a tree trunk.

To the right of the AT-ST is the Jabba’s Throne Room.

Below the AT-ST will be a couple of Cantina displays… and… Captain Tarpals & Kaadu!

Above the AT-ST is one end of the Indiana Jones Mine Cart display.

Also - Not Pictured -

Dewback & Sandtrooper - plan to have a sandy base, with enough area to build a moisture vaporator and (if Sideshow comes through) Luke’s Landspeeder.

Hoth Snowtrooper & Cannon - plan to have a mini-dio on a shelf in front of the main Hoth hanger.

Imperial Probe Droid - did not pick up the Sideshow version - already had a garage-kit model that I put together a number of years ago. Plan to add that to the area in front of the Hoth dio as well.

Stap with Battle Droid - model kit. Complete… need to decide where/how to display.

Escape Pod. Foamboard discs are mounted over large wooden dowels… ready for shaping on a lathe. Have been in this condition for about 15 years. :)

Not sure what I want to do yet from The Force Awakens. Have Rey & BB-8 on pre-order. Will be getting Finn too. Maybe just a simple display with the three of them. I like the design of Rey’s Speeder… might give that a go.

And… if I get really ambitious… might dust off that (about 25% compete) 1/6 scale Rancor Monster that is mocking me from the back workroom. Then again… might not…

One project I would really like to tackle - a Twin Pod Cloud Car. Always loved that design.

That’s pretty much it for Star Wars. More “other stuff” to come…

Thanks for looking.

-
Dennis

Back