Sahmez Lights & Decals LED lights for Ikea Detolf and cabinets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koolkollectibleskhai

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here's my initial look at the LED strip lighting sets from Sahmez Lights & Decals that I got recently. Second video coming soon with more info and installed setup.

I got 3 sets and I love them I can't wait to order 1 more for my last detolf can't wait 2 see how yours turn out.. The lights bring the detolf to life

Are these controlled with a controller or a switch like the ikea ones thanks

Yes, these are controlled via a remote control that I show in the video. You can control three outputs for a set of 4 strips, so each control unit can control three full detolfs.

Also do you have any pics thanks. Would be cool if I could turn my detolf lighting on with a controller

If you check out the video, you'll see the various components, one of which is the control unit and one is the remote control.

Sahmez Lights & Decals LED lights for Ikea Detolf and cabinets

Can't wait to see what you do!

I've got a bunch of led strip here with remote & Belkin WeMo motion switch just waiting for me to get motivated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there , I have question for ikea detolf . There is a gap at each sides of the cabinet . This will leave opening for dust to get into. Do you have solution ?

Hi there , I have question for ikea detolf . There is a gap at each sides of the cabinet . This will leave opening for dust to get into. Do you have solution ?

If you watch my video, you'll see that I have weather strips around the edge that closes that gap. I also have another video on the channel that goes into the weather strip addition in a bit more detail.

I saw that but can you recommend one for ikea detolf size which is suitable to fix into the gap .

Once you install the lights installed, update us with another video! So I have two detolfs, do I need two sets? How much per set?

The one i use does fit into the gap. It was the smallest width foamweather strip i could find. Maybe 0.5cm in width and depth.

I browsed web and saw many foamweather strips . Almost come with adhesive tape at the back . Wonder need to paste it permanently onto glass or just to stuck it into the gap. I mean which ways is better.ya of course it may drop out when opening the glass door , I also thinking about during cleaning it may obstruct . There is always pro and con ... Seeking for your professionalism [emoji1]

I'm interested in this too. Let us know if the Cool White version is true white and not blueish, thanks.

Finally got around to installing the LED lights from Sahmez Lights & Decals into one of my detolfs. Makes a huge difference! Will do the detolf next to it in the next couple of days.

That Luke hanging down means I lose a shelf though, which is obviously affecting the lighting. Will have to think about what I do there.

Either way, full video of the install process will be uploaded soon, so stay tuned :)

I browsed web and saw many foamweather strips . Almost come with adhesive tape at the back . Wonder need to paste it permanently onto glass or just to stuck it into the gap. I mean which ways is better.ya of course it may drop out when opening the glass door , I also thinking about during cleaning it may obstruct . There is always pro and con ... Seeking for your professionalism [emoji1]

In my upcoming Part 2 video, I go through the weather strip a bit for those that want a bit more info on it.

Once you install the lights installed, update us with another video! So I have two detolfs, do I need two sets? How much per set?

Video uploading soon! For two detolfs, you just need one set that includes the controller. The controller can control up to three detolfs as it has three outputs. But you will need to buy extra LED strips.

Here's the Part Two video showing how I installed it in one of my Detolfs. Hope you can check it out! Any questions or comments, fire away! :)

Re: Sahmez Lights & Decals LED lights for Ikea Detolf and cabinets

Nice video [emoji106]. This is just what I needed, I will be ordering some soon, thanks for letting us know of its existence.

Time to get rid of yellow Ikea dioders.

Also subscribed on your Youtube channel.[emoji1]

Re: Sahmez Lights & Decals LED lights for Ikea Detolf and cabinets

Nice video [emoji106]. This is just what I needed, I will be ordering some soon, thanks for letting us know of its existence.

Time to get rid of yellow Ikea dioders.

Also subscribed on your Youtube channel.[emoji1]

No worries! Good luck with your setup, and add some pics when you're done!

Thanks for watching and subbing to the channel :)

Back