Fatal Shooting at a Utah Mall

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17124042/

I guess this is mainly aimed at my fellow Utah Freaks, but since it is on the main page of MSN I figure it is big enough news for others too. I heard about this in during my film class up at the U. Very scary. I drove by on my way home and the entire block of Trolley Square was taped off with Crime Scene tape and literally just about every cop car in the city was there. Its supposedly the biggest shooting in state history! Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families. :monkey2

I've been watching the news, my brother lives near there but is totally ok. It's so close to here....I hope the best for the families of the victims; so far the fatality count is at six. Absolutely terrible. Just awful. My most sincere prayers are to those who have been traumatized by this unthinkable tragedy. I'm absolutely shocked by this. May those who are affected be strengthened...........

mfoga said:
This is the mall where Hard Rock isn't it?

Yes it is. The Spaghetti Factory and other nice resturaunts as well. I just fear this may be a crippling blow to trolley square since it always seem to be on its last legs.

Damm I would go there to eat all the time when I was in UT for work.

Well, this is so painful to hear. It breaks my heart to see headlines like this. The families and friends of the victims are in my prayers.

What terrible, terrible news.

Buttmunch, it's good to hear that you and Cap's brother are safe.

Been there many times to do Christmas shopping, my Parents are retired and live in Park City, so sad to hear this news, it is inconceivable to me this happened.

I was just there for lunch today at rodezio. Im really glad we decided to do lunch and not dinner

yeah, I actually live in utah county which is the county south of salt lake but its only a 30 minute drive to trolly square. We actually had a house explode in my city from a natural gas leak last week.

bronco1855 said:
I was just there for lunch today at rodezio. Im really glad we decided to do lunch and not dinner

Wow! That is scary! If you weren't hurt, you'd still probably be there now. My family and I were planning on going to the Spaghetti Factory on Valentines Day so we will be going out the the West Valley one now for sure. :eek:

yeah some crazy stuff to be sure! I wonder if they will ever be able to figure out why the man did this, aside from being crazy.

bronco1855 said:
yeah some crazy stuff to be sure! I wonder if they will ever be able to figure out why the man did this, aside from being crazy.

That probably is the only real explanation. With the guy dead, there is no real way of finding out exactly why he did it, where he did it, and when he did it. I too am glad to hear you are alright. The only experience I can relate to is when my family and I were planning on going to a trip to Europe on September 12, 2001. Needless to say we had to postpon our trip. It still scares me to think if we had only left a day or two earlier! :eek:

Buttmunch said:
That probably is the only real explanation. With the guy dead, there is no real way of finding out exactly why he did it, where he did it, and when he did it. I too am glad to hear you are alright. The only experience I can relate to is when my family and I were planning on going to a trip to Europe on September 12, 2001. Needless to say we had to postpon our trip. It still scares me to think if we had only left a day or two earlier! :eek:

I actually flew home from a mission in DC on September 9 2001. I've been VERY lucky twice now

Wow, I'm right near you Bronco, got back from the mission in 2005. Where in UT county? I didn't know there were other freaks so close by!

I'm glad you're safe too. I just can't imagine this kind of thing right here, let alone in Trolley Square, such a low-key place. Just shocking.

Despite the NRA etc you guys are gonna have to get gun laws. My sister moved here nearly 10 years ago so that she could raise her kids in safety and she loved the valley more than anything.

Back