Doctor Strange potential figure discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zexion_armando

Super Freak
Reaction score
So this was revealed today:

Mystical-Strange-005-EW.jpg

doctor-is-in-ew-008.jpg

Thank you! These look amazing

so far, the costume looks flawless. I'd imagine the movie getting the Ant man treatment where we get the hero and the villain. Maybe a con variant for Astral Form as usual.

I'd post a picture but I'm on my phone so it's harder to maneuver.

Main things I like are the eye and the high collar. Costume looks nicely layered like the AoU Scarlet Witch costume so it looks visually pleasing

Also a main quote from the article I believe

"“I’m still in the infancy of learning all that,” Cumberbatch said. “It was like, okay, I’ve got to keep throwing these poses, these spells, these rune-casting things, everything he does physically. I’m thinking, there’s going to be a huge amount of speculation and intrigue over the positioning of that finger as opposed to it being there, or there. And I’m still working on that. We haven’t played any of those scenes yet. I felt really self-conscious. But, then, by the end, it was great. It’s like anything, you just have to experiment.”"

Seems like a lot of hand accessories might be in store

Images for : LOOK: Benedict Cumberbatch Makes Magical First Appearance as "Doctor Strange" - Comic Book Resources

I was pretty sure I'd want this figure before I seen his on screen outfit, now that i see they kept it close to the source material, it will be mine.

Strange is in my Top 5 characters, so yeah, I'll be all over this line. I'm a tad dissapointed that he doesn't have his gloces, that his amulet isn't one with the cape that the collar isn't bigger and that he has a belt instead of a sash, but I'm really liking everything else. Bring on the prototypes HT!

HT is gonna go crazy with that cape :lol

It would be cool if they gave him magic effects like Scarlet Witch and also made his hands light up so the whole thing could glow (similar to the light sabers) :yess:

This looks sooo good. They did a great job with the design. I look forward to seeing the progression of his designs through the movie. Can't wait to see accessories.

I don't know much about Strange but these pics definitely have me interested. I like the look of the entire outfit, and liked Cumberbatch in the one movie I've seen him in. Looking forward to the magical aspect.
I'm glad he's got the high collar. Was afraid they were gonna really tone it down, but it looks perfect
If it was from Fox he would have a dark jumpsuit and no cape lol.

Really like the look they've gone with. :yess: A HT figure of Strange should look pretty awesome I reckon - so I'll more than likely be buying! :rock

I don't know much about Strange but these pics definitely have me interested. I like the look of the entire outfit, and liked Cumberbatch in the one movie I've seen him in. Looking forward to the magical aspect.

If it was from Fox he would have a dark jumpsuit and no cape lol.

The cape would be a black trench coat and some sunglasses...

Basically his look from the 90s haha

Man, I love the look of this. I'm buying this Hot Toy in an instant.

According to Feige, Mads Mikkelsen is confirmed to be playing the main antagonist ( supposedly Baron Mordo) rather than the originally rumored Dormammu. He is a sorceror who breaks off and forms his own sect after leaving the Ancient One.

So I guess that could confirm his potential figure as well as most of the main villains have had figures.

Plus a great headsculpt for a Hannibal custom...

According to Feige, Mads Mikkelsen is confirmed to be playing the main antagonist ( supposedly Baron Mordo) rather than the originally rumored Dormammu. He is a sorceror who breaks off and forms his own sect after leaving the Ancient One.

So I guess that could confirm his potential figure as well as most of the main villains have had figures.

Plus a great headsculpt for a Hannibal custom...

I think Chiwetel Ejiofor is playing Mordo.

We know that Benedict Cumberbatch plays the titular surgeon-turned-sorcerer in Marvel’s new superhero movie Doctor Strange (out Nov. 4). We also know that Tilda Swinton portrays a mystic called the Ancient One, that Chiwetel Ejiofor is an associate of the Ancient One called Karl Mordo, and — as EW exclusively revealed — that Mads Mikkelsen has been cast as the movie’s main baddie.

Doctor Strange: Rachel McAdams character details revealed | EW.com

I think Chiwetel Ejiofor is playing Mordo.

We know that Benedict Cumberbatch plays the titular surgeon-turned-sorcerer in Marvel’s new superhero movie Doctor Strange (out Nov. 4). We also know that Tilda Swinton portrays a mystic called the Ancient One, that Chiwetel Ejiofor is an associate of the Ancient One called Karl Mordo, and — as EW exclusively revealed — that Mads Mikkelsen has been cast as the movie’s main baddie.

Doctor Strange: Rachel McAdams character details revealed | EW.com

Oh? I was getting mixed reports on that since EW is being coy with info. But I guess that means they just copied and pasted Mordos sort of character to a new one, or most likely possession.

Back