Conan the Barbarian Legends figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galactiboy

OT Preferist
Reaction score
Hadn't seen this before, but the company that used to be Toybiz (I think) is now releasing Legendary heros figures... and one of their boxed sets is a Conan the Barbarian and Devourer of Souls two-pack! These look pretty badass and have (at least in proto) the better Legends paint apps.

IMG_6488.JPG

IMG_6497.JPG

IMG_6494.JPG

These are the same guys making the Image series with the Build a Figure of Pitt... check out more pictures in the gallery from CTR.

this will be a great line...Marvel toys reinvent themselves after the lost of the Marvel legends serie to Hasbro.Great move.

Last edited:
WOW, these kick a$$!!! Conan :rock!

Looks like Marvel Toys is gonna be okay after all, I thought they were gonna be done after the split b/t them and Toybiz.

Yeah, its cool to see that they were able to survive and are actually cranking out cooler figures! I think the Legends line was pretty well tapped out for interesting characters... now they can expand out!

Anyone know if these will be carried by regular retailers, I think I had heard they would.

These figures look great but I forsee this line as a dud. :(

There just isn't enough Savage Dragon, Judge Dread, Sin City, Darkness .... fans to support this line. The Marvel characters were for the most part well know and ML figures were bought buy more than just comic book fans. These figures will sell well at specialty stores but at retail stores forget it. These charcters are just not that popular. Even Conan, who is popular and well know, I think won't sell that well. How many people here are actually going to buy a Super Patriot figure outsides me? Sin City has been pretty much milked dry by the movie figures.

I hope I'm wrong cause this line has a lot of potential.

On a personal note, I'd love to see more Erik Larsen figures and some more Dread figures. A Red Sonja figure would be nice also to go with Conan. :monkey5

I think this series could do fairly well just because they are starting off with a massive and very cool BAF of Pitt. But I don't know how many series they could really support for many of the reasons Bonehead15 mentioned.

galactiboy said:
I think this series could do fairly well just because they are starting off with a massive and very cool BAF of Pitt. But I don't know how many series they could really support for many of the reasons Bonehead15 mentioned.
What Pitt's a build A Figure? I thought all of these will be released in two packs, where did you hear this?

I think it was in the last toyfair... I think some figures are single and others (like Conan) are two-packs. I'll do some checking and get back.

galactiboy said:
I think it was in the last toyfair... I think some figures are single and others (like Conan) are two-packs. I'll do some checking and get back.
Crap you're right Galactiboy:
https://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/TF2007_Marvel_Toys_Legendary_Comic_Book_Heroes_103578.asp
Cool Toy Review said:
If you are a fan of the independent comic books from the 1990's like I am, then some of these names may be familiar to you: Erik Larsen's Savage Dragon, Marc Silvestri's CyberForce, Witchblade and The Darkness, Mike Allred's Madman, Judge Dredd, Art Adams' Monkeyman & O'Brien, Frank Miller's Sin City....some of the most popular comic books created by some of the most popular creators.

Now Marvel Toys is bringing many of these comic book characters to life as fully-articulated action figures! Each wave is a great mix of characters from the comics, and each wave has a larger sized build-a-figure that is simply amazing.

Wave 1 (due out in July) will consist of the following:
- Superpatriot from Savage Dragon, Superpatriot, and Freak Force
- Judge Dredd from 2000 A.D.
- Witchblade from Witchblade
- Ripclaw from Cyberforce
- Savage Dragon from The Savage Dragon
- Madman from Madman
- and the Build-A-Figure is Pitt (& Timmy) from Pitt

Wave 2 will consist of the following:
- Stryker from CyberForce and Codename: Strykeforce
- Judge Death from 2000 A.D.
- Ann O'Brien from Monkeyman & O'Brien
- The Darkness from The Darkness
- Star from The Savage Dragon and Star
- Marv from Sin City
- and the Build-A-Figure is Monkeyman from Monkeyman & O'Brien

There are also plans for a series of 2-packs, which will include Conan & the Devourer of Souls and also Mack and Panda from Body Bags.

Future waves are a mystery, although several covers from Youngblood can be seen on the display case, which may lead to some speculation among fans. In addition, there are many other characters from the Image, Top Cow and Dark Horse universes that can be brought to life in a similar way.

I for one can't wait...!

Note #1: Several characters from wave 2 were shown much larger than actual size.
Note #2: The packaging shown is a mock-up. There may be changes made to it before the release.
Looks like anyone who wanted just Pitt will have a lot of figures they don't want. I hope they make all of them available at retail or put full sets per case.

galactiboy said:
I think this series could do fairly well just because they are starting off with a massive and very cool BAF of Pitt.

Pitt looks cool but how many people actually remember the Pitt comic book?

Unless you collected books from the "image era" you won't even know who this character is. That's the problem with this whole line. It feels very 90's- ish if you know what I mean.

I'm really pleased to see Monkeyman and O'Brien figures, I'm a huge Art Adams fan, but like Pitt;to say these characters are not well known is an understatement. :(

Back