Is Loontentoys on eBay good? UK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatDarnGamer

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm thinking of ordering of Loontentoys on eBay but I'm not sure if I can trust an eBay seller. Does anybody in the UK buy from Loonten?

Im in the US and bought from him a few times, ships fast and always well packed.

No complaints from me (I'm U.K.)...

They do seem to be getting a bit of a negative run recently - but doesn't that say something more about the state of 1:6 collectors nowadays!

7 negs in past year out of 14, 348 - I've given them a 5* rating and will continue to.

I've been watching this seller, has anyone bought pre order or just what's in stock. Because some of the pre ordered ones are a while off and don't you only get 60 days to raise any issues on ebay?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bought a FO stormtrooper from them after Sideshow cancelled my order an wouldn't even respond to my emails. Glad I did as it was delivered quickly and no FedEx charge. Won't be ordering from Sideshow again..

I've just ordered a special edition Luke skywalker from him as I orders the sandtrooper and it arrived to the UK in about five days. No problem at all. I'm actually thinking of ordering from him from now on. The prices are brilliant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check back from time to time. It doesn't hurt to double check, the last time I know one sixth bruce from the uk had nothing but praises, but now it seems there's quite a bit of problem with the Uk members.

Another vote for Loontentoys here. Quick and very secure packaging so the boxes arrive in great shape. When I say secure I really mean it, you will see.

I've been watching this seller, has anyone bought pre order or just what's in stock. Because some of the pre ordered ones are a while off and don't you only get 60 days to raise any issues on ebay?

I pre-ordered the HT Stormtrooper and that one got well outside the 60 days since something went severely wrong with their order. When I decided I had waited long enough I got my money back the same day. I try to make it a rule to pre-order as little as possible unless I'm sure to miss out otherwise, but if and when I do I would trust them again.

Check back from time to time. It doesn't hurt to double check, the last time I know one sixth bruce from the uk had nothing but praises, but now it seems there's quite a bit of problem with the Uk members.

I just got a Hot Toys Sandtrooper last week (from loonten) so last week it was still good. :)

Someone ordering from OSB at this point in time needs to have his/her head examined. That has been going on for over a year now I think.

Just received an item from this guy today. I am in TX, USA, and it arrived quickly, was double boxed and mint shape. Only downside: he charges more

I'm thinking of ordering of Loontentoys on eBay but I'm not sure if I can trust an eBay seller. Does anybody in the UK buy from Loonten?

I suspect that Loontentoys may be selling counterfeit figures. The fact that he also sells all of the individual parts worries me. His prices are always so much lower, and in many cases way lower than Sideshow, and then factor in $60 of shipping into that already low price, and I just can't see how it can pay for them. I have purchased tons off of them and it's impossible to tell if they are fake though. I wish there was a surefire way to find out.

I suspect that Loontentoys may be selling counterfeit figures. The fact that he also sells all of the individual parts worries me. His prices are always so much lower, and in many cases way lower than Sideshow, and then factor in $60 of shipping into that already low price, and I just can't see how it can pay for them. I have purchased tons off of them and it's impossible to tell if they are fake though. I wish there was a surefire way to find out.
I got Kylo from him and it's definitely not counterfeit, turns out the price wasn't that much cheaper as he's come down in price now.

Yeah, I buy from him a lot and I can't say his prices are hugely lower than others. Maybe auctions start lower, but for in-demand stuff they usually end up close to what TA has them at. I've had a few issues with him (items not arriving, tracking numbers not valid) but nothing that didn't get resolved in the end.

But I will say I was pretty shocked by the listing (not his) with the pretty much completely knocked off HT Luke I've seen recently (as in all accessories and outfit) which I haven't seen before. I have seen what appeared to be knock-off Sideshow parts in the past (eg Luke's lightsaber and binoculars) and obviously the SSC stormie was entirely redone as a knock-off in the past year except with HT hands and a few other HT parts.

I got an Obi wan body, head and light up arm from Loontentoys. He seems legit to me. He starts bids so low because everyone appears to know about his store so a lot of things even end up selling for far above market value. There are other sellers who are legit who often have better prices that people never even bid on.

Back