Marvel's Iron Fist: The Netflix Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meanstreak

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Update 2/25

Finn Jones (Game of Thrones) is our Danny Rand

5s6qKEm.jpg

'Game of Thrones' actor to play 'Iron Fist' in Marvel series | EW.com

Thought it was time for an official thread, since there's been rumors of cancellation, problems with developing the character for live action, etc.

Marvel has confirmed the show is indeed moving forward with Scott Buck as the showrunner:

The Netflix Original Series “Marvel’s Iron Fist” has found its showrunner and Executive Producer in Scott Buck (“Dexter,” “Six Feet Under”)!

Buck previously served as Executive Producer and showrunner of “Dexter” for the series’ final four years. He has also written for “Six Feet Under” and “Rome,” among other series.

Returning to New York City after being missing for years, Daniel Rand fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist.

More on Marvel.com: Scott Buck to Showrun the Netflix Original Series 'Marvel's Iron Fist' | News | Marvel.com

Hopefully we will get cast announcements by end of the year. Anybody you want to see as Danny Rand? I've been reading a lot of people online want them to cast an Asian or Asian American in the role. I'm a big fan of Danny so I hope they stick to the source material.

Last edited:
I don't really care for when people want a certain demographic to be cast. Like with Heimdal and the Ancient One, I say pick the best actor they can find be they green, blue or purple.

Scott Buck?? The guy that ruined Dexter.

I cannot facepalm hard enough.

I got my hopes up when I saw "Executive Producer and showrunner of Dexter" then had them dashed when I saw it was for the last 4 seasons of the show. Yikes.

Just like with Jessica Jones, I know nothing of this character. Not even what he looks like. I'll eagerly tune in when it becomes available.

Pretty sure it's gonna be even cheaper now that Perlmutter was cut from major MS films.

well, the one thing I will say about Scott Buck is that even though the last 4 seasons of Dexter got weird and the ending was pretty sorry, they did seem like they tried to make Dexter some kind of hero by having him take on bad guys that were more villainous, the season with Colin Hanks had a bit of a Comic Book vibe to it. Maybe that will translate better to Iron Fist, hopefully they don't ruin it with terrible subplots.

Just like with Jessica Jones, I know nothing of this character. Not even what he looks like. I'll eagerly tune in when it becomes available.
One of the things I loved about Iron Fist as a kid was his look, with his huge collar, and cool mask. Sadly, I doubt he'll look anything like that in the film. He'll probably keep the dragon tattoo on his chest.

I take it Iron Fist is showing up in Luke Cage's show?

I think it would make most sense. I think he should appear like Luke did on Jessica Jones, as one of the main characters.

Hopefully he'll be in the show in at least a cameo role though...

One of the things I loved about Iron Fist as a kid was his look, with his huge collar, and cool mask. Sadly, I doubt he'll look anything like that in the film. He'll probably keep the dragon tattoo on his chest.

I'm completely expecting them to ditch his classic look... I could see them drawing inspiration from his more modern looks though

drAtdSG.jpg

4m1qDNV.jpg

uJyAQ8x.jpg

I got my hopes up when I saw "Executive Producer and showrunner of Dexter" then had them dashed when I saw it was for the last 4 seasons of the show. Yikes.
Same. Each season was worse than the previous until the show was basically unwatchable. Doesn't get my hopes up, exactly.

Are you excited about getting to do scenes between Luke Cage and Iron Fist?

COLTER: The actor has been cast, but he’s in a basement somewhere. When the time is right, they’ll let him up and tell him where he is. I am [excited]. I’ll get a nice little break, after doing Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. Whether I’m in [his show], I don’t know, but there’s The Defenders.

Jessica Jones Cast on Season 2, Sex Scenes, and Luke Cage | Collider

Hopefully he's announced soon. I'm surprised they already cast someone and it hasn't leaked yet.

Just strange that they've cast Iron Fist but there's no announcement. Wonder if Colter's just trolling us.

A lot of times the casting is kept a secret until they're good and ready to announce. Yes, some times things get leaked early, but I don't think it's the norm to shoot out a press release the second a contract is signed.

He was cast months ago, glad it's now official and there's no need to be hush hush about it, haha. We've been training to prepare to start shooting this summer in May/June. :wink1:

Back