Soap Studio Batman 1989 and Batman v Superman 1:12 lines

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiFabio

Super Freak
Reaction score
1/12 Batman and Batmobile?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Soap Studios Batman 1989 1:12 line

Ok...first...who are these guys and what's their track record?

Secondly...I hope they make a 1/12 Bruce Wayne, and Jack's Joker. In multiple look.

Re: Soap Studio Batman 1989 1:12 line

Nice...interest piqued, but I remember labelling that Begins figure as a just a 1/12 recast of HT's 1/6 figure. Maybe it's just that HT's attempts were so good that they nailed it each time. Are this company active on any social media? Do they answer any questions? Lots of companies now making new 89 merch, and I'm hoping someone makes more Joker product.

Yeah, the clearly recasted the Hot Toys Toy Fairs Begins Batman for their Batman. Wouldn't surprise me if they did the same with the DX 09 Batman.

Damn, between this, the Mezco 1:12, and the Prime1 1:3, it seems like there's a lot of renewed interest in 89. I'd love if HT took notice and gave the 89 figure the DX 12 treatment.

If anything needs more attention it's the Joker. Need a figure of Jack Napier to have a great Jack Nicholson sculpt as well as the museum version with two heads.

I kinda figured that this company would tackle the '89 Batmobile after the Tumbler. If anything, this thing is going to put the Richman Toys 89' Batmoblie to shame but its gonna be a crapload of money too, probably as much or more than what a pristine Richman Toys Batmobile goes for on the secondary market in mint condition with the armor shields/cocoon carrying case.

Last edited:

If anything needs more attention it's the Joker. Need a figure of Jack Napier to have a great Jack Nicholson sculpt as well as the museum version with two heads.

Agreed. I was actually talking with someone about that the other day, and, honestly, it's one of the few times where I wish they'd milk the hell out of it and do every possible version. Would it be gratuitous? Absolutely, but that Nicholson deal was a once in a lifetime sort of thing. I don't know that we'll ever see another collectible company produce Jack stuff, so, I wish they'd have got (or, depending on whether they still have the license/likeness rights) would get while the getting's good.

Guessing we will get a $900+ plus Batmobile that no one will buy.

They could produce an '89 Batwing as well.

They are also doing this Mind Control app game for BvS. Basically you wear a Tony Stark style headset where it will detect the brainwaves to control Batman in the game...without using any controllers.

12247957_711516862317716_1280034207929085901_o.jpg
12314187_714575008678568_9201441194289520677_o.jpg
12265873_714575005345235_479534795186142444_o.jpg
12291975_714575058678563_1582941852529214236_o.jpg

I'd gladly trade my Hot Toys Batmobile for one that's 1/12....I don't have room for the big one!

Hi guys,

I actually created two threads here with regards to soap studio and not one single reply in those. haha bless them

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/general-collectibles-action-figures/164678-soap-studio-upcoming-products-toy-souls-2015-a.html?highlight=soap+studio
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/aliens-and-robots-statues-props-kits-etc-/164274-soap-studio-vintage-arts-series-transformers-sofubi-collection.html?highlight=soap+studio

Anyhows, just some info for those concern, this company is based in HK, and they started to appear last year during the Toy souls hk event. As some of you guys noticed, they brought out that 1/12 batman begins tumbler as well as the 1/12 batman. Theres also a 1/12 bane and the camo tumbler in the works.
They showcased some of their products at other events as well, even at the NYCC if my memory serves me correct.

So its Toy Souls again this month, and they will be there to reveal upto 7-8 new products, as shown in the attached links Ive provided. Not much info has been mentioned with regards to this 1989 Batman license.

However, I have the chance to meetup with them next Tues for a quick chat and hopefully snuck out some info and photos for you all. haha
So if you guys have any specific questions, feel free to post them here and I'll try my best to get some info from them on the day. They are very much new and im guessing they could do with the help of reaching out to the overseas community.

So thats about it really. They seem to be incorporating alot of tech in their products so it wouldnt surprise me they do the same for this. I def would love a Batwing for sure if they have this in plan.

Sorry, didn't see that in the General section.

Thanks for the info Chockles, that's great. Very cool that you're actually going to meet up with them. I'm curious what they're going to do with this Batman 1989 line. I'm assuming the Batmobile, a 1/12 Batman figure and maybe the Batwing. Should be interesting.

Sorry, didn't see that in the General section.

Thanks for the info Chockles, that's great. Very cool that you're actually going to meet up with them. I'm curious what they're going to do with this Batman 1989 line. I'm assuming the Batmobile, a 1/12 Batman figure and maybe the Batwing. Should be interesting.

Thats ok dude. No need to apologise. Lucky I found this with more comments instead. lol

Was lucky to be introduced to them when I visited Storm. So we exchanged words and that was it. haha
Lets see how it goes on Tues. I dont want to turn up empty handed so Im just here asking for any interests you guys may have. Of course everyone wants to know what products they will do and then where and how to preorder etc.

I know there isnt much to go on, but maybe if everyone had a thing they want from this line, perhaps I could sway them to consider doing it. Just like to gauge what are on everyones mind and whats the current or missing trend etc. Thanks for your help:)

Hi guys,

I actually created two threads here with regards to soap studio and not one single reply in those. haha bless them

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/general-collectibles-action-figures/164678-soap-studio-upcoming-products-toy-souls-2015-a.html?highlight=soap+studio
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/aliens-and-robots-statues-props-kits-etc-/164274-soap-studio-vintage-arts-series-transformers-sofubi-collection.html?highlight=soap+studio

Anyhows, just some info for those concern, this company is based in HK, and they started to appear last year during the Toy souls hk event. As some of you guys noticed, they brought out that 1/12 batman begins tumbler as well as the 1/12 batman. Theres also a 1/12 bane and the camo tumbler in the works.
They showcased some of their products at other events as well, even at the NYCC if my memory serves me correct.

So its Toy Souls again this month, and they will be there to reveal upto 7-8 new products, as shown in the attached links Ive provided. Not much info has been mentioned with regards to this 1989 Batman license.

However, I have the chance to meetup with them next Tues for a quick chat and hopefully snuck out some info and photos for you all. haha
So if you guys have any specific questions, feel free to post them here and I'll try my best to get some info from them on the day. They are very much new and im guessing they could do with the help of reaching out to the overseas community.

So thats about it really. They seem to be incorporating alot of tech in their products so it wouldnt surprise me they do the same for this. I def would love a Batwing for sure if they have this in plan.

I would just like to know if they plan on doing ANYTHING with Jack Nicholson's Joker. Honestly, seeing someone, ANYONE, make a standard size action figure of him would really be something.

I would just like to know if they plan on doing ANYTHING with Jack Nicholson's Joker. Honestly, seeing someone, ANYONE, make a standard size action figure of him would really be something.

Sure I can ask that but wouldn't surprise me if they aren't. It's a known fact that nicholsons fees aren't cheap. If majority companies aren't doing him, there's got to be a valid reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly wouldn't put your hopes up on any Jack Nicholson Joker that's not high end. He's too expensive to make any reasonably priced products. Same goes for Peter Weller from what I've heard. That's why you barely see any Alex Murphy head sculpts for Robocop products until Hot Toy's recent attempt.

Back