1/6 Sideshow Collectibles - Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
TM_21282BobaFett_120315.jpg

Star Wars Boba Fett Sixth Scale Figure by Sideshow Collectib | Sideshow Collectibles

I've been out of the loop lately and didn't see a thread pop up in the search. Was this previously announced?

Yeah about 2 weeks ago or so. I'm pretty sure that the thread might have been lumped into the existing SSC Boba Fett thread but I'm not 100% on that.

I was wondering that too, wasn't the first Boba from SSC from ESB?

It started popping up as a Pre-Order on some of the retailer sites... looks like now Sideshow's making it official.

Honestly it seems like a very shady release... they've already solicited Boba Fett figures after the initial run sold out and now they're releasing this version that comes with less stuff, but has a different rocket and flying base.

Uuhhh.... Is this just a reissue?

The Imperial Probe Droid also just came back on the webpage. Looks pretty similar to the old one. I never thought reissuing previously released figures was something they did. Them being collector's items and all.

It started popping up as a Pre-Order on some of the retailer sites... looks like now Sideshow's making it official.

Honestly it seems like a very shady release... they've already solicited Boba Fett figures after the initial run sold out and now they're releasing this version that comes with less stuff, but has a different rocket and flying base.

Don't forget more $$$$$.

The Imperial Probe Droid also just came back on the webpage. Looks pretty similar to the old one. I never thought reissuing previously released figures was something they did. Them being collector's items and all.

Wow, just saw the Probe Droid is back up... what a load of crap.

Don't forget more $$$$$.

Yep, I think $25 more than the original... curious if the vest will be improved. I'll be pretty pissed if they corrected that awful design for this re-release.

Exactly, HT ROTJ Fett may be superior (more than likely it will be) to SSC but I'm not a fan of ROTJ Fett.
I'm sort of glad that this is coming out.

That makes sense... you might check for the original figure; this will most likely have a significant impact on it's value.

Exactly, HT ROTJ Fett may be superior (more than likely it will be) to SSC but I'm not a fan of ROTJ Fett.
I'm sort of glad that this is coming out.
Sideshow's integrity has really dipped low with this one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.............?.....????

This is crazy. I have not posted here in quite a while but this is not cool.

I just hope this means they really will put out 4-LOM and Zuckuss by the end of year.

See it wasn't. I remember when the Star Wars figures started improving, people started clamoring for the originals to be redone Jedi Luke, ROTS Anakin, etc. The SSC reps said directly that they wouldn't redo or straight reissue a figure because it lessens the value of the previously sold product, that we'd have to wait for Endor Luke or something to revisit that character. Now these figures seem to have different accessories but I think they're splitting hairs at this point avoiding calling it a reissue...

So strange.

I wonder who will be "revisited" next?

Yep, I think $25 more than the original... curious if the vest will be improved. I'll be pretty pissed if they corrected that awful design for this re-release.

It looks like the vest has that same squareness to it. Though it's hard to tell from the poses it's in (maybe that's on purpose.)

Sideshow's integrity has really dipped low with this one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.............?.....????

Right? This is really weird. I know they re-hash stuff, like their clone troopers and storm troopers, and GI Joe cobra officers but this ..... :huh

Hey, I missed out on the premium format R2 -D2 and C - 3PO exclusive..........Can u re-release that one also !!!! WOW really

Back