How do you remove paint from a figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drfeelgood

Super Freak
Reaction score
I recently got a hold of the new asmus aragon figure, only negative is some of the brown paint from the hair is on the forehead.Looks like the hair has come away from that section. Is there anyway to remove this paint without damageing the facial paint.

I cant send it back for replacment as bought it from Hong Kong.

DSC06330.jpg

try using alcohol on the exact spot and see if you can wipe off the paint. or else you can use a hobby knife and carefully scrap off the paint. you might leave some marks because removing that area of the paint also removes the top coat, which is usually matte. or you can just touch up the area with matching paint if it's smooth, but still the gloss difference might be noticeable.

So I plucked up the courage and took a pin to the paint. All I can say is it worked brilliantly! using the lightest touch and slowly working at it, I managed to etch away the brown paint to revel glorious flesh underneath! No damage, no brown mark, one very happy owner...well until I have to wrap it up and give it to my GF as a Christmas present :lol

Back