BCS 1:6 Doctor Who: Eighth Doctor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this one yet. There should be some good pics of this today. I hesitate to add the pics flooding facebook.

I love the 8th Doctor. I'm REALLY happy they went with the TV movie version first. I think he'll sell better than if he had been after the NOTD version as so many seem to prefer the latter. I do want the NOTD version one day though.

12219384_814559438642414_5344266984778037118_n.jpg

Wow, that looks great! Want!!! That's definitely another one I'll be adding to the list!! :gah:

Wow, I know I told myself I was limiting my collection to just the new Who Doctors.... but this one is suddenly looking very tempting. Especially with that great Victorian costume of his.

BCS has thrown down the 1/6 scale gauntlet today...making a statement!

Last edited:
Huh. I'm torn on this one. Yeah I know this is his "proper" look but I liked the short haired look/feel better from NOTD.

Personaly, I'm happy they went with this look. I like the Doctor when he looks all Victorian (My fave look for 11 was in The Snowmen).
Another first day preorder for me I think. Mind you, I can't see BC puting all these figures up for presale at the same time. I could be wrong...

Yeah I quite like this look too, think its a great looking outfit. Although I'd have been happy with whichever version they'd have put out tbh.

Just hope they stagger all these when they do eventually go up for order - my purse won't be able to cope with all this Who goodness all at once!!! :gah:

I'm sure they will be staggered. I suspect we're looking at a year or year and a half worth of figures. But I do believe BCS are going to try to step up the number of figures per year.

not fan of the movie really, def gotta check the audio dramas hear good things. would prefer the NOTD ver myself i think.

question is his outfit described ever in audio dramas? is it this ver?

Am I wrong or wasn't his jacket far darker in the movie, almost black? Why is it so bright green here?

It seems VERY bright but I suspect it's just because it's a proto. Hopefully it'll be much darker eventually. In the movie, IIRC, I believe his jacket was, technically, black but because of the lighting and a greenish tinge that made it look more green than it actually was.

not fan of the movie really, def gotta check the audio dramas hear good things. would prefer the NOTD ver myself i think.

question is his outfit described ever in audio dramas? is it this ver?

The Big Finish audio drama have some really great stuff in them. For the vast majority of the audios, this is basically his outfit. More recently with the "Dark Eyes" series he was in a new (pre-NOTD) costume with a new sonic that McGann developed himself with WETA.

8576258.jpg

Need to see better pics of the face. So far I'm not sold. But I want to be...

Expect that hairpiece to be removable and that we'll see a short hair variant one day. Or maybe that will be the pre-order incentive.

Expect that hairpiece to be removable and that we'll see a short hair variant one day. Or maybe that will be the pre-order incentive.

NOTD sculpt would not work with this one. It would need to be a new sculpt.

That being said, I see more Richard from LOST in this sculpt that Paul McGann.

image.jpeg

NOTD sculpt would not work with this one. It would need to be a new sculpt.

I mean, yes, the age difference is something that would put a bit of a kink in that plan. I just see that as the easiest option. BCS is doing the incentive Tennant sculpt as a whole new one...but then again, that's Tennant. McGann is not as prominent, no matter how it's spun.

Back