My Custom Avengers Diorama - entire build process :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Walker

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok, I've assembled my Avengers team and they will be battling Loki and his Chitauri army.

12 figures involved. I only started collecting about 2 months ago.

I'll be building the entire display case. Which will look like this, painted black:

411732389.jpg

The backdrop is this, I photoshopped a pic I found online to get exactly what I wanted:

64a7141cf459a720372e520fd50b88b6.jpg

Right now the display case dimensions should be ballpark 30"x50"x34", plus the bottom stand. The back drop print is 50" by 24" [IIRC] and I can kinda 'help' the extra 6" with debris on floor etc.

I'll post progress photos as I go....

Attachments

• 411812300.jpg
    411812300.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 2,036
Last edited:
Re: Build progress on my custom Avengers Diorama

Started my first attempt of foam cutting, sculpting and painting about 2 hours ago. Here's the first piece....It's all one piece, made to look like brick with mortar backing:

7c274a5f2c2d3b46bd1a8eac38eea7e7.jpg

4a4a0c057c327483e9a55e62023b97ad.jpg

240e7f44ba4eb431f19953caab3e970a.jpg

edbc82c857cde0501a686bfa2648ed76.jpg

749213fa852d804ca406cd5f7702b304.jpg

Last edited:

"I have an army"

ddbd572cd8e0c84c656970c70d13160f.jpg

"We have a Hulk"

876d1fd0dd5d0df717774a2d614d2829.jpg

(Well I guess one and a half Hulks)

Last edited:

If you haven't seen this photo, Loki vs Hulk will be the center piece:

411798661.jpg

I have a full time job (sigh), so it may take a while, but I will post updates every time I add something.

Building the case needs to happen next....

Last edited:

Fantastic. That is next level detailing on the foam wall section.

I love this aspect of the hobby.

I'm looking forward to your updates

Thanks. It's really like therapy or something. I'm sure I'll be pulling my hair out at some point, but that first bit was great. Especially to get a good result.

Very cool :clap I like that piece you did :clap
Did you dremel the lines in for the bricks or? If you don't mind me asking :D

Also love your paintwork :clap Very professional looking :woo

Seems like it is going to be awesome! Great idea for a display. I was actually trying to find the picture of the five Chitauri someone posted in the collection thread and I clicked on this thread and it was you! :lol I would like to try something similar but some of the prices on the Chitauri... I am just not willing to spend that much.. yet...

Looking forward to your progress!

Build progress on my custom Avengers Diorama

Good luck! Hope to see more.

Thanks. :)

Very cool :clap I like that piece you did :clap
Did you dremel the lines in for the bricks or? If you don't mind me asking :D

Also love your paintwork :clap Very professional looking :woo

Thanks a million :D I used a carpenters square to pencil lightly the brick pattern. Then free hand an Exacto knife down lines. Then I use a tool like this [from hobby store]:

677402e6ad43bf1ed30cc0059bfe7e57.jpg

to separate the lines more. Probably a butter knife would work ok.

I would like to try something similar but some of the prices on the Chitauri... I am just not willing to spend that much.. yet...

Yeah, that's a hard trigger to pull, but if you want the scene, everyone needs a foe :/

You can find the 2 pack of the Commander/FS sometimes for a better deal, but yes it gets pricey....

great work CW! i always wanted a huge dio where i could incorporate all of my figures in a huge display. sadly i dont really talent for this and i'm always away.(work onboard ship)

anyway saw that u said you used to play guitar alot. well i used to play bass. still have some musical equipment around but starting to be a marvelholic. lol

cant wait to see the progress on your project. keep it up!

Fantastic idea for a display! Excellent work!! :clap :clap :clap

It looks awesome so far, really interested to see the end result! :)

This is exactly what I would love two do! Just three tiny, insignificant problems! I don't have the time, I don't have the money and I definitely don't have the ability! I might just take a picture of yours when it is done, blow it up and put it on my wall instead! Your are an artist my friend!

anyway saw that u said you used to play guitar alot.

Thanks. I still play weekly. Lead at church. I've played guitar for 35+ years now.

This is exactly what I would love two do! Just three tiny, insignificant problems! I don't have the time, I don't have the money and I definitely don't have the ability! I might just take a picture of yours when it is done, blow it up and put it on my wall instead! Your are an artist my friend!

{blush} Not too sure about that, but thanks :) And don't underestimate yourself......you never know. Watch some Youtube stuff and follow what they do.

Fantastic idea for a display! Excellent work!! :clap :clap :clap

It looks awesome so far, really interested to see the end result! :)

Thanks.....I'll post updates.

Off to see the Saints beat the Giants [hopefully] in the Dome today 392698710.jpg

This will be an amazing display. Fantastic job. Can't wait...

Oh man, you have a bunch of chitari and that's a big display cabinet, this is gonna be sweeeeet!

Back