XM Studios 1/4 Kingpin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spidey976

Super Freak
Reaction score
From FB

"Xm Kingpin 1/4scale concept art...
Kingpin is plotting against spiderman and daredevil ,what is he up to now....to be continued
Thanks to Francisco ruiz for the concept art."

11a2e7f556d2f5ee17d31fa76be70c95_zpseyqup59o.jpg

as cool as a concept as this is (heck I would buy that chess table/pieces on its own if I could) I would have preferred a simple museum pose for this guy.

This is going to be a MONSTER of a statue!!! I think it's time to break my rule of not buying sitting poses...love how they capture the essence of The Kingpin!!!!!

Hmmm ....will have to keep track of this one. The concept looks good!

I'm a little disappointed. I appreciate the creative direction but I think of Kingpin as someone who is imposing and the sitting down pose doesn't do it for me. To me, this reminds me of an old guy in the park playing chess (although I will admit this chessboard is pretty cool).

cool concept, but 0 interest in the character. Would love a marvel chess set from XM though.

Hope Es will be like 200 then people would think differently. :) hope we get a shocker and tiger shark, with tons of switch out parts.

Looks cool, great for DD, Punisher & Spiderman fans. The chess board could really make this unique in ways most pieces are not. With XM hype at an all-time high this could sell well, especially with Spiderman on the horizon.

I'm a little disappointed. I appreciate the creative direction but I think of Kingpin as someone who is imposing and the sitting down pose doesn't do it for me. To me, this reminds me of an old guy in the park playing chess (although I will admit this chessboard is pretty cool).

I agree with you. Kingpin should be sitting behind those big executive desks talking about "business" with a client.

If desired, XM can easily make this into a standing pose. All they'd have to do is make the table into a bar-height table with a single stand rather than four legs. Then they can use the same chess board and chess pieces.

I'm ok with the concept as is, but this could be switched to a standing pose quite easily.

If desired, XM can easily make this into a standing pose. All they'd have to do is make the table into a bar-height table with a single stand rather than four legs. Then they can use the same chess board and chess pieces.

I'm ok with the concept as is, but this could be switched to a standing pose quite easily.

NOw that would be insane. Museum pose or chilled out pose. Both win

Haha yes XM can bring out stuff like this. Another example was the old guy in the jump bird suit. Was never ever a fan of that guy but Xm made it so good looking.

:slap

Agreed.

"Xm 1/4 scale Kingpin.
Some Work-in-progress for kingpin..... still refining and detailing...
David Pereira is still on the chess pcs.....stay tune....." XM FB

12239648_1613413852212641_556581704876737127_n.jpg

11058202_1613413872212639_3277586216601319481_n.jpg

12246672_1613413885545971_2181535834086088479_n.jpg

12243117_1613413905545969_7754083933525138250_n.jpg

I like that chair more than anything else.

It is still a work in progress, and I know the chess pieces will take it to another level, but this is not the kingpin I was hoping for.

Back