My custom Benoist Supergirl wip

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davejames

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys, here's some pics of a Benoist Supergirl I'm working on. I've always been a huge Supergirl fan and ever since I saw the pilot decided I just had to attempt a custom of her. Unfortunately I've only really tried one custom before this years ago (which didn't turn out so great), so it's taken a lot of trial and error and figuring it out as I go along.

Anyway, after a bit of practice I finally got the shirt all laid out with the crazy double stitching on it.

IMG_0799 (800x671).jpg
IMG_0808 (594x800).jpg

The belt was made simply from some styrene, and the S was made from a couple layers of card stock which were airbrushed and then glued together. Although I haven't fully glued it onto the shirt yet.

IMG_1167 (552x800).jpg

And here's where it's at now, with the cape added on. As you can see, I still have to make the darker pantyhose and figure out some way of making the boots. I already tried an extensive online search, but there's nothing out there that's even remotely close enough. So I'll have to either sew something or maybe sculpt them on....

Oh, and then there's the whole sculpting the head I need to figure out as well obviously.

IMG_1157 (546x800).jpg
IMG_1180 (417x800).jpg

-
looks great dave ,top work on the outfit ,how did you cut the skirt looks really nice and hangs well ,your belt and emblem look perfect too ,look forward to seeing where you go from here

Looking good so far, well done!

Oh, if you're looking for a Melissa Benoist head, I think sculptor Numo has sells them regularly on eBay.

Last edited:
That looks fantastic! Great work!

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for boots and to seeing the finished figure.

excellent work!!!!!pease update more pictures
it would be a great custom!!!

Outstanding work Davejames! So far, so awesome! I have one suggestion, consider adding a hemline or stitch line of some sort to the bottom of her skirt. Because of the waffle weave pattern of the material the edge can appear unfinished when the light hits it a certain way. Perhaps it's just the photo's. Either way, great craftsmanship and attention to detail. Looking forward to seeing this progress!

Back