Godzilla vs King Kong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kalo88

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Coming in 2020! Godzilla vs King Kong officially announced by Warner Brothers & Legendary Pictures :panic: :panic: :panic:

Can't wait! :)

LEGENDARY AND WARNER BROS. PICTURES ANNOUNCE CINEMATIC FRANCHISE UNITING GODZILLA, KING KONG AND OTHER ICONIC GIANT MONSTERS | Legendary

kingkongvsgodzilla-1962.jpg

LMAO oh man, that's funny. Even though I love the original and think it's a damn good godzilla movie in how campy it is, a live action serious G VS KK movie sounds lame. They clearly have future plans for both monsters so it's not like one of them will die, especially if the rumors are true that they plan to have a movie afterwards where they team up to fight a bigger threat.

So, there is going to be a radical size adjustment to Kong? This new Kong movie can't possibly follow traditional lore then. I can see the natives building a 40 ft. high wall but not a 300-400ft. wall.

I'd be ok with this announcement if it weren't for the fact that Legendary seems to be taking Godzilla and Kong the route of Marvel and building an integrated universe, I'd love a Kong vs Godzilla standalone film, but this may now force connections to Kong into Godzilla 2 instead of letting that be it's own story. I love what Legendary did with the first Godzilla but I'm a bit weary of how this will all play out.

I won't lie. I'll be keeping an eye out for this one. I hope the theme is dark and the two cause massive destruction.

giphy.gif

This is a very stupid idea IMHO.
It works as a campy 50's movie, but I just can't see this working nowadays in any way. And I fear to will hurt both franchises.

Back