Prime 1 Studio - Batman Vs. Superman Collectibles Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golden_Boy

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I saw this last night! Thought I'd see a thread on it already, but alas, there doesn't seem to be one. That said, it's clear that Prime 1 is out to make savings accounts extinct. So evil! :lol This line will be a wait and see, as I'm not sure what scale they're going to be! That said, once AGAIN, these could be hard to say no to! Eventually I'll have no choice, unless I simply build a home out of the boxes these come in.

Of course, if they can nail the human sculpts, I'm sure a Batfleck and Gal Gadot Wonder Woman would be really tempting! I'll wait until previews are put out before making a choice on the direction to go here. All I know is that Prime 1 is off the charts right now, and my wallet aches every day because of it. :lol

12094966_968689269844382_1948368406349549243_o.jpg

If they do a 1/3 Superman then I'm in. Wish they'd get the license for the original movies too. I want a 1/3 Reeves Superman and Stamp Zod!

Yes! Tommy want wingy. Lol!

Seriously though, I will probably be buying Supes, Bats, WW, and Aquaman. Assuming they make all 4 (Aquaman is the one I wonder about) and, as you said, they nail the head sculpts. But if it's 1/2 scale I will be out. Too expensive and more importantly too big to make room for. So, hopefully they will be 1/4 but I would be willing to go 1/3 for these.

Did they even show their concept art, yet? Or any hints of the statues?

If they do a 1/3 Superman then I'm in. Wish they'd get the license for the original movies too. I want a 1/3 Reeves Superman and Stamp Zod!

I'd be surprised if these weren't 1:3 in size, considering that's what most of them end up being due to licenses elsewhere, so I'm sure you'll own at least one of these! It'll be interesting to see if they go museum pose 1:3, or smaller dioramas...or a mix of both! Can't wait to see some previews down the line!

Prime1 is the statue of HT

That's pretty much how I feel. That said, they take up a LOT more room and cost a lot more! But if they nail the human likenesses as well as they do their gaming figures, then this could be an amazing line too!

I don't think I want anything that big based on an actors likeness in my home... :lol

comic inspire/accurate... maybe. But even still, I think 1/3 is too big.

I don't think they'll be 1/4 scale since Sideshow has the 1/4 DC license.

Yeah, that's what I'd figure too. Unless there's some diorama deal they make with a loophole (which would still likely be 1/5 or something) I'd have to think these will go down the 1:3 route. While I think 1:4 would be great for spacing, not being able to do that would probably mean 1:3 is their safest bet in terms of a wider audience. Once you hit the 1:2 route, you definitely knock out a lot of people both on the money AND space front!

Much like Arkham, I'd have to think Prime 1 is thinking about ways to make people buy multiple statues in a line. Keeping their price down as much as possible, as well as the size is likely the best way. I'm eager to see what they come up with here! All I know is that if they get the Star Wars license on any level, then I'm pretty much working for the rest of my life to pay off Prime 1 pieces. :lol

it's 1/3 scale. when they list it as "museum master", that's their 1/3 scale line.

Ah yeah, that I knew, but I didn't see their updated post on Facebook with that in the description! Guess they will be 1:3, which makes the most sense for the direction they're going right now. Hopefully the price stays around the Arkham prices. That said, they'll still be wait and see! I do have to ponder whether or not getting the three of them this way would be better than getting a dozen or so of the Hot Toys over the course of the franchise.

Decisions, decisions...

The dozen or so HT wouldn't take up anywhere near the space needed for the 1/3 pieces.

While I enjoy the 1/3 scale, it's just not for me. Too big on display, too much box space in storage.

There's only one character I'd ever get a 1/3 of and that's the Predator (P1).

The dozen or so HT wouldn't take up anywhere near the space needed for the 1/3 pieces.

While I enjoy the 1/3 scale, it's just not for me. Too big on display, too much box space in storage.

There's only one character I'd ever get a 1/3 of and that's the Predator (P1).

I'd have to disagree with the spacing, at least in terms of base display. The bases on these guys wouldn't be bigger than three or four Hot Toys side by side in a square formation -- and even less if there's a bigger base. But yeah, they're also REALLY tall, so you're right there. Hot Toys will fit into cabinets and such a lot easier than these beasts will find a home. It's less about display though, and more about money! That's what I was debating between -- even though I have no idea where I'll put anything yet! :lol

All I know is that I want to get one or two Batfleck Hot Toys, as well as Wonder Woman, Superman, and likely the rest of the team over time. Granted, the cost of the trio in Hot Toy form would be less than ONE Prime 1 piece, so I'm getting ahead of myself! :lol In the end, I'll probably just wait and see how these look and decide if I want to delve in at all. These are ones where you definitely don't want to get caught up in the hype and spend that NRD money on them without being certain!

Hell, pricing could -- and probably will be -- $999.99 at least, right out of the gate, so with all the Arkham already on deck, I may be out before it even begins. Sometimes it's just fun getting excited for previews, which is pretty much where my mind is right now. :lol

Back