Action Figure CUSTOM: EndoT800's Neca 1/4th Endoskeleton "Cyber-Tronic" Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EndoT800

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi All!
With summer being over (sucks!:() I was able to get some free time to start on another custom project before the winter cold arrives. Having seen the Endo’s back in action in Terminator Genisys, it got me motivated to customize another Endo. As nice as the HT 1/4th Endo is, it is way too expensive to experiment on so the Neca 1/4th Endo is good alternative.

Now this project took a 180 turn midway from what I originally had planned to do. Having done quite a few of these makeovers over the years, I wanted to do something a bit more dynamic and something that would set it apart from other Endo’s of this size. What is it? We’ll read on.

First, I started with creating new hands and feet. I used a combination of brass rods and SS parts along with an aluminum base for the wrist plate. These were all joined together with screws and SS cabling. Next up was to reshape the eye sockets. I used brass tubing for the new housing to give them a much better circular shape. I ended up scrapping the entire original LED electronics and made my own so I could turn the lights on or off instead of having the LEDs come on for a short time plus I was going to seal up the battery compartment access so the batteries had to go elsewhere.

I then junked the flat plastic eye lenses and replaced them with fiber optic line backed with two new LEDs to give a bit more depth to the eyes. I then reshaped the fiber optic ends so there more dome shaped to mimic a LED eye lens. I ended up added some UV paint to give the illusion of them being on when the LED's are off.

Next up was to replace most the flimsy plastic piston rods & neck rods with slimmer aluminum versions. I then secured most of them with miniature SS screws. I corrected the upper & back layout of the pelvis pistons so they match the original layout. I also made the cut outs on the side of the legs and replaced the upper plastic cables with SS cabling where needed. I then added additional SS screws & rivet details throughout.

Both the Neca and HT Endos have their upper chest plate area concealed which looking at the original Endo design it’s supposed to be open similar to the Cinemaquette Endo. I never liked the look of all that excess plastic so it had to go. After taking apart the chest area, I made my cuts to most of the area. Looking at the opened exposed area meant I needed to give it a bit more details like a partial spine and some additional parts. Once that was completed I then proceeded with modding the outer front lower chest plate to eliminate the upper gap. With that out the way it paved the way for something a bit dynamic.

I’ve had this concept on my mind for quite some time, but just never got around to doing it. I went to my local hobby shop for other supplies but seen that they had servo motors, so I figured “what the hell, let’s give it a go”. I had to scratch make all the connecting parts but I was able to get the movement I wanted which was not an easy thing to do, but It’s not too bad for my first attempt. For now, I’m quite happy for the Endo to have some “Cyber-Tronic” movement which sets it apart from any other 1/4th Endo out there.

Next step was to prime & paint to a chrome finish. I then added some mild weathering here & there, but decided to keep it more as a factory fresh model for now. Next up was to refinish the phased plasma rifles in-the-40 watt range by drilling out the barrels and repainting them. Final step was the base which was made from scratch and made up as I went along. There were tons of other details that went into making this, too many to list. There’s still a few more tweaks & touch ups to do, but I'll get to them later. I hope that Neca will revisit this Endo and give us a newer updated version. ‘Til then, it still makes a nice base model to play around with.

Hope you guys enjoy the outcome!:wave

See more pics here:https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...073741827.100001732253574&type=1&l=a7ef6c7d2d

I tried shooting a quick video before I lost my lighting but it was too late; but you can still see it in action here. I'll reshoot another when I get some time.
https://youtu.be/Py_jbzNirx0

100_9417 by EndoT800, on Flickr

100_9320 by EndoT800, on Flickr

100_9506 by EndoT800, on Flickr

100_9376 by EndoT800, on Flickr

100_9591 by EndoT800, on Flickr

100_9333 by EndoT800, on Flickr

100_9529 by EndoT800, on Flickr

100_9458 by EndoT800, on Flickr

100_9242 by EndoT800, on Flickr

100_9396 by EndoT800, on Flickr

100_9305 by EndoT800, on Flickr

100_9259 by EndoT800, on Flickr

100_9207a by EndoT800, on Flickr

Man that looks awesome. The Neca endo is an excellent sculpt and this just goes to show how good it can look with a bit of love and possibly tears lol. Really stunning work friend :)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to EndoT800 again.
ha! looks like you've already posted something magnificient recently, and i couldn't add a point for this beauty :)
the chest insides work is so detailed.

QUOTE=Burnside;8164646]Great job!
btw, do you have any WIP shots of arms and legs?[/QUOTE]

Not really, just have these pic's for comparison

20150916_173918a.jpg

20150916_173927a.jpg

20150916_181219a.jpg

20150919_155214a.jpg

20150919_155154-001.jpg

20150919_110743.jpg

20150919_113530.jpg

so much work is put into that figure, it's a piece of art already.

Back