Who would buy 1/6 scale Clone wars animated figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If Sideshow would produce Animated style 1/6 Star Wars figures, would you buy them?

• Not interested at all

Votes: 45 47.4%
  • I would wait and see the final product before deciding

Votes: 28 29.5%
  • Will probably buy just a handful of character favorites

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Hell yeah! bring em on!! I'll Priority Pre-Order everything

Votes: 13 13.7%

• Total voters

jpcreations26

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I really loved the Animated style of Star wars Clone Wars and was really upset when Hasbro decided to can the assortment with the lame excuse that the product was not in high demand. When I heard that Snow bunny Padme won the Expanded Universe competition, I thought she would be done in the Clone wars style as an animated version. If Sideshow were to announce Clone wars figures, I would be all over it like white on rice! How about the rest of you guys?

I liked the cartoon style, but I don't think it would translate well into 1/6 figures, the clothes have a style to them that you can't duplicate in real cloth, only solid molds.

MaulFan said:
I liked the cartoon style, but I don't think it would translate well into 1/6 figures, the clothes have a style to them that you can't duplicate in real cloth, only solid molds.

I agree, I think it could be cool, but probably wouldn't work in 1/6 scale. And since Snowbunny is going to be a straight portman likeness it seems pretty unlikey we'll see anything this wild in the future.

But still holding out for McQuarrie concept figures :drool

No love for Clone Wars? damn........ I think the cloth clothing wouldn't be much of a hurdle for SS and the stylistic hands, weapons and heads would be the only animated style parts.

It's not so much making the clothing into cloth, but more that the clothes in Clone Wars were stylized by the cartoonist and cloth would have to be glued or treated to permanent get those creases that mark CW style, PFs could do it in solid polystone, but then that's in essence the GG maquette line and that'd be crossing lines I'm sure.

The CW animated series is just about my favorite aspect of many favorite aspects to the prequel era.

However, I don't think you'll see any 1:6 scale CW animated figures because Lucas Licensing has told all thier licensees to end the CW animated products in 2007.
This is likely the catalyst for the creation of the GG SW saga animated maquettes as well as the ACME SW saga character keys.
My assuption is that they don't want any marketing conflicts with the new TV series. However, I think it's a bad idea to end something that is so popular.
-theropod

This needs to be made in 1/6th scale, realistic even. This is the coolest EU design that feels more like the movies than anything else. (Probably becuase it was in the original SW screenplay.)

eu3_bg.jpg

theropod said:
The CW animated series is just about my favorite aspect of many favorite aspects to the prequel era.

However, I don't think you'll see any 1:6 scale CW animated figures because Lucas Licensing has told all thier licensees to end the CW animated products in 2007.
This is likely the catalyst for the creation of the GG SW saga animated maquettes as well as the ACME SW saga character keys.
My assuption is that they don't want any marketing conflicts with the new TV series. However, I think it's a bad idea to end something that is so popular.
-theropod

Yes, everything you said is right theropod... well It is true that Gentle Giant is going to be involved in the creation of the Star Wars 3d Animation Maquettes so I think next 2 years will be focused in producing maquettes from this new serie...maybe in the future, we'll get to see Mace, Dooku and Sidious been made in the Clone Wars Maquette line, who knows? Or maybe we'll be surprised by Gentle Giant at Toyfare...

anakin1138 said:
Or maybe we'll be surprised by Gentle Giant at Toyfare...
I sure hope so. If anything I hope to see a Shaak Ti and maybe a Durge, while Mace, Dooku and Sidious could possibly transcend into the "other line" of animated maquettes. (Just as long as they retained the same style.)

Primarily though I would love to see Shaak Ti, Mace and Dooku. I think I would be disheartened if I realized there wouldn't be a CW Shaak Ti in 2007. While you could call her a "saga" character, she really didn't establish a place in the movies so that's kind of a rediculous concept. Her story in the Clone Wars though is significant. A CW maquette is the only justifiable opportunity for Durge to reach a maquette form.

I'm ready to form a one man picket line at the GG offices if they don't announce any more CW maquettes. :lol
-theropod

I would LOVE a 1/6 scale figure next to all my character keys. I think those would go together. It will never happen, but its a nice thought to display them together

I would, they have what I call.....STLYE. Gendys rendition of them was awesome, BUT only characters that were in the show. The CW animated series was waaaayyy better than 1 and 2, and the style is killer. I want 12" of them, I don't give a crap about fitting them in, the restof my toys will learn to conform to the animated style or die!

Count me as another who wants "realistic" versions of the Clone Wars animated characters - which we're already getting with the Asajj Ventress alternate head and Snow Bunny Padme (which reminds me - Sideshow totally ignored the results of its own poll!)

If they only do one other Clone Wars animated character, please let it be Obi-Wan in clone armor!

Back