Ant-Man and the Wasp - July 6, 2018

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CallMeTheDoctor

Super Freak
Reaction score
Marvel just announced some Phase 3 changes, Ant Man being one to get a sequel!

Release date being July 6, 2018!!

Marvel Studios Phase 3 Update | News | Marvel.com

Marvel said:
Now that Phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe has officially reached its conclusion with the release of Marvel’s “Ant-Man,” we have new details on what to expect in Phase 3!

Following our hero’s debut adventure in this summer’s “Ant-Man,” Scott Lang will return alongside Hope Van Dyne on July 6, 2018 with Marvel’s “Ant-Man and the Wasp.” The sequel will mark the first Marvel Studios film named after its heroine.

Additionally, Ant-Man’s second adventure will lead to a couple of other films shifting their dates, with Marvel’s “Black Panther” moving up to February 16, 2018 and Marvel’s “Captain Marvel” landing on March 8, 2019.

Finally, three untitled Marvel Studios films will premiere on May 1, 2020, July 10, 2020, and November 6, 2020.

The announcement of “Ant-Man and the Wasp” follows the success of “Ant-Man,” which has earned $178.5M domestically and $231.3M internationally for a global total of $409.8M. It's the #9 film of the year domestically, and opens in its final international market, China, on October 16.

“Ant-Man” followed one of this year’s biggest blockbusters, Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” which has earned $458.9M domestically and $946M internationally for a global total of $1,404.9M, making it the #2 film of the year domestically and the #6 film of all time globally.

Stay tuned to Marvel.com for more exciting announcements on Phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the future.

More on Marvel.com: Marvel Studios Phase 3 Update | News | Marvel.com

Last edited:
I loved Ant-Man. While I don't know much of the character, I thought it was great. And will be epic to see Wasp and Ant-Man together. Wonder if we get Giant-Man or Goliath as well.

I'm interested in the line up though.

We have Black Panther, Infinity War Pt.1, and Ant-Man 2 in 2018. Then we have Captain Marvel, Infinity War Pt. 2, and Inhumans in 2019. Wonder what kind of Avenger teams we will get.

The 3 announced films also have me wondering. I feel Spider-Man 2 would have to be one for sure.

A Young Avengers as well as a Runaways movie would be ideal!
The only thing is that if that was the case, Spidey would probably be one, or not. NOt sure how it'd set up. Would be cool though.

Not sure why everyone seems so excited by this. Didn't you see it coming?
I suppose so. I found it weird that every MCU film has had a sequel except for TIH, but also consider that Captain Marvel and Black Panther had only one film. Infinity war kind of seemed like the end, and we'd get some other stuff from now on.

Basically, seeing what has been confirmed had felt like it was set in stone for me. I suppose when we got the announcement for a Spidey film, one could have predicted this. Or we could have assumed Wasp or Ant-Man would continue appearances in Avenger films.

I assumed that if something wasn't on Marvel's schedule it wasn't in the plans at all. And it does surprise me that Marvel Studios would give Ant-Man a sequel before giving Hulk a sequel. But it's good to know that these apparent stand-alones (including Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Doc Strange) can get a sequel if the first film does decently.

a Runaways movie would be ideal!
tctNflA.jpg

. . .not a bad movie actually.

The only thing is that if that was the case, Spidey would probably be one, or not. NOt sure how it'd set up. Would be cool though.

I suppose so. I found it weird that every MCU film has had a sequel except for TIH, but also consider that Captain Marvel and Black Panther had only one film. Infinity war kind of seemed like the end, and we'd get some other stuff from now on.

Basically, seeing what has been confirmed had felt like it was set in stone for me. I suppose when we got the announcement for a Spidey film, one could have predicted this. Or we could have assumed Wasp or Ant-Man would continue appearances in Avenger films.

Spidey being a Young Avenger...that's a pretty damn interesting point. I don't know if they're gonna make him age like the rest of the MCU where it's in real time. If Peter is Gina be 15 in Civil War then he'd be 17 by his own film and 19 when Infinity War comes out. Maybe even already a full fledged Avenger.

I honestly never saw Infinity War as the "end game" yeah it's a big ass event, but I think and I also think that Marvel is just literally thinking comic book logic and no matter how big Infinity War is, the universe will just keep going. I'm sure people thought Infinity Gauntlet was the biggest thing ever in the early 90's but here we are, the comics just kept going and we kept getting more amazing stories and I really hope and think that the movies are taking the same route as the comics and will just keep going. Keep the continuity going! I'd love that.

Back