Statue Weta Witch-King: Morgul Lord and Witch-King: True Form. Genuine or Recast?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spirit Warden

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi guys, so I bought these statues off of Ebay about 4 weeks ago, looking at other posts on the forum I seem to have avoided the common mistakes. One statue is from the UK the other is from the US, the items came with their colour shipper and Morgul Lord with a brown shipper, the sellers only had one of each item etc. However, now that i've been made aware of recats i'm just uneasy and I need some opinions from people who know more about these sort of things. If people can let me know if they're genuine or not in your opinion i'd be grateful :)

p.s for a bigger view just hit Right-Click > View. (also, more photos here SovereignXS's uploaded images - Imgur)

Morgul Lord:

l0yteCk.jpg

VGkcVEr.jpg

IvGbKqG.jpg

0BgYsJE.jpg

DERSRoo.jpg

2LIIpzd.jpg

True Form

B5Nb9qC.jpg

1LB2y2W.jpg

UU8fPeq.jpg

xPoHwet.jpg

Fn8sbMh.jpg

Cheers everyone.

Hi~I am a sideshow/weta collector from china and i'm new here. According to my past experience, there're no such sort of recast versions of both the witch-king statues you've posted. Yet the metal recast version of Morgul Lord might exists (totally made of bronze or copper, anyway, it's easy to spot). For those kind of poly recast versions you mention here I've only seen them derived from these two statues: sideshow ringwraith maquette and SSW RWOS. Hope this helps~

Those are the real deal. You can usually immediately tell by the color of the styrofoam enclosures. The recasts never have the original cream-colored styro.

That's awesome guys, thanks for putting my mind at ease :). I don't supposed anyone here knows how to bend the smaller peices, such as the True Form's morgul dagger and his crown spikes? I opened him up to take the pics yesterday and they were bent. His dagger is slightly curved upwards and his crown spikes have badly curved either left or right. I've tried simply bending them back to normal but that didn't work as they bend back to their incorrect position in about a minute.

Also what would people suggest I do about the holes for his crown spikes? The two side ones are fine, the front one is a little tight but the back one is too small, the spike really doesn't fit in there I can only get the tip in. Can I fix this as well? Cheers.

Back