1/6 Batman: TAS figures coming from Mondo...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nooo!! I'm going to be perpetually broke! I've wanted 1/6 BTAS forever, I never thought anyone would actually make it! I guess another line to be added to the list.

Some folks have argued that B:TAS 1/6 scale figures wouldn't work with mixed media, so maybe the fully sculpted route is the best option here, but large versions of regular plastic toys just don't appeal much to me. Still curious to see how they come out, though.

I'd think they'd have to be mixed media. The fully sculpted stuff works fine for 1/12th, but it's magnified tenfold each time you go up a scale (just look at stuff like NECA's Ledger Joker, for instance, or, even, their '66 Batman. You could, maybe, get away with a fully sculpted TAS Batman, but I just don't know how appealing someone like, Joker, for example, would be at that price point. I also feel like Mixed Media could really give the line its own identity, outside of just being "bigger," considering that the DCC stuff already has most of the features and accessories you'd associate with 1/6th, outside of the size.

Plus, I think Tony Meis showed you could do a pretty awesome TAS Batman is Mixed Media, and it seems like it would only get easier as you got further from the heroes (Joker, Two-Face, and others are pretty much just suits).

:thud:

So awesome. Lets see... we need all the figures in the 6" to be made in the 1/6th line! :lol

Hopefully these are not some 12" painted plastic crap figures though.... I want a fabric costume, leather boots, animated sculpt, accessories... for Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl..... Hopefully this line goes really deep.

I'm hoping for mixed media and I already have Tony's BTAS on order.

This is something I have been wishing someone would produce for years.

I thought Sideshow would have produced it when they got the 1/6 DC license but with their ultra slow release of the figures I gave up hope on that.

Looking forward to prototypes. If they are nice, Mondo will be getting my money.

Great idea but not the best company to be making these.
I'm not really liking Mondo's business model so far. The silly limited number exclusives and the price tag.
Compared to more competitive companies like NECA, Mezco, Diamond Select and DC Collectibles, Mondo is asking for a lot of money for their mostly plastic made figures.

Bring it on! Loving what I'm seeing with Mondos TMNT line so I'm excited to see what they give us with Batman. If they do exclusives, I hope they're sweet!

I dunno I think I'll just stick with the DC Collectibles figures. I'll see what these look like but I doubt I'll buy them.

Batman TAS is one of my all time favorite shows. I'd love to have a 1/6 Batman and a 1/6 Joker. I've always felt those versions of the characters, both how they looked and how they were voiced, were among the best if not the best iterations of them ever.

I'd think they'd have to be mixed media. The fully sculpted stuff works fine for 1/12th, but it's magnified tenfold each time you go up a scale (just look at stuff like NECA's Ledger Joker, for instance, or, even, their '66 Batman. You could, maybe, get away with a fully sculpted TAS Batman, but I just don't know how appealing someone like, Joker, for example, would be at that price point. I also feel like Mixed Media could really give the line its own identity, outside of just being "bigger," considering that the DCC stuff already has most of the features and accessories you'd associate with 1/6th, outside of the size.

Plus, I think Tony Meis showed you could do a pretty awesome TAS Batman is Mixed Media, and it seems like it would only get easier as you got further from the heroes (Joker, Two-Face, and others are pretty much just suits).
Well they've got two other 1/6 scale lines with Ninja Turtles and Masters of the Universe, and both appear to just essentially be upsized NECA or Mattel figures that run $150+ each. So it stands to reason that this will be more of the same. They've probably started to get the process down, have the production situation figured out, etc., and just keep expanding on it. And getting into the clothed 1/6 game isn't easy to do well, as we've seen countless times over the years. Unless you're a Hot Toys or ThreeZero with years and years of experience under your belt, things tend to go sour way more often than they go well. So either way, I would be a bit cautious about getting too excited at this point, though in an abstract sense 1/6 scale Batman Animated figures seem like a geek collector's dream come true.

My wallet just screamed in pain. This is a line I've been hoping would be made for years now. I'm hoping they eventually expand to the rest of the Timmverse with these too. I'd love to have the animated JLA, Superman, Supergirl, and Batman Beyond eventually as well. Between TMNT, Masters of the Universe, and now this it appears all the things I wanted as a kid are now getting the 1/6 treatment from Mondo.

Well they've got two other 1/6 scale lines with Ninja Turtles and Masters of the Universe, and both appear to just essentially be upsized NECA or Mattel figures that run $150+ each. So it stands to reason that this will be more of the same. They've probably started to get the process down, have the production situation figured out, etc., and just keep expanding on it. And getting into the clothed 1/6 game isn't easy to do well, as we've seen countless times over the years. Unless you're a Hot Toys or ThreeZero with years and years of experience under your belt, things tend to go sour way more often than they go well. So either way, I would be a bit cautious about getting too excited at this point, though in an abstract sense 1/6 scale Batman Animated figures seem like a geek collector's dream come true.
Honestly that's pretty much the reason I likely won't get the Mondo figures. For what they are they seem way overpriced and like you said the figures they've revealed so far are more or less the same as what other companies have already put out only in a larger scale and maybe a couple new accessories. I'm willing to bet these will just be larger versions of the DC Collectibles figures.

This is a weird one for me. In a lot of ways, I'm kind of hoping they don't get too extensive, as I'm already pretty much invested in the DCC stuff, but, at the same time, it's Animated Batman, so, you're still saying "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!"

Back