Zack Snyder Watchmen Series on HBO?!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should get Alan Moore to direct the series. He might rock or be as bad as Stephen King at translating their own material.....

Zack Snyder + Before Watchmen + TV = worst nightmare come true
LOL

They should get Alan Moore to direct the series. He might rock or be as bad as Stephen King at translating their own material.....
From all I've heard, Moore wants nothing to do with other incarnations of his stories. They were written as comics, they were only meant to be those comics, and he doesn't see much reason to do anything else with them. Based on all the examples we've seen of his material interpreted for the screen over the years, he appears to have been right to hold that point of view. Even an attempt at a very faithful recreation such as Watchmen feels flat and uninteresting in relation to the comic. And this is coming from Snyder, whose only real skill is doing over the top action spectacles.

From all I've heard, Moore wants nothing to do with other incarnations of his stories. They were written as comics, they were only meant to be those comics, and he doesn't see much reason to do anything else with them. Based on all the examples we've seen of his material interpreted for the screen over the years, he appears to have been right to hold that point of view.
The problem is that his books are, for good reason, very stylized and violent. Two very things Hollywood is extremely afraid of.

They really should've made a short and accurate TV adaptation of "V for Vendetta".

Though I don't think your comment is representative of Moore's overall body of work (think of Swamp Thing, several of his DC one-offs, the more contemplative moments in Miracleman, Supreme and later work like Tom Strong, Promethea, and Top Ten), Snyder's not against either of those things, by any stretch!

I think the bigger problem is that some stories are just designed for a specific medium, and have a hard time translating outside of it. Miller's works like 300 and Sin City work pretty well, but he seemed to have a cinematic orientation when creating those comics. Moore's narrative structure, pacing, and way of highlighting emotional and conceptual ideas are designed explicitly for the comic book, and for comic book readers.

From all I've heard, Moore wants nothing to do with other incarnations of his stories. They were written as comics, they were only meant to be those comics, and he doesn't see much reason to do anything else with them. Based on all the examples we've seen of his material interpreted for the screen over the years, he appears to have been right to hold that point of view. Even an attempt at a very faithful recreation such as Watchmen feels flat and uninteresting in relation to the comic. And this is coming from Snyder, whose only real skill is doing over the top action spectacles.

Moore wants nothing to do with Hollywood and I think he signed his part of the rights to Wachmen over to Dave Gibbons

The Before Watchmen comics were decent enough reads. I've no issue with this whatsoever. Bring it on.

I've never read Before Watchmen, but I've heard good things about them, not from the Mooref*gs of course :lol those people put Moore on a very silly pedestal.

I would think it's pretty unnecessary, but given Rebirth is making Watchmen pretty relevant again, it could be good, I would certainly take a Watchmen show over Gotham, Krypton, Supergirl or Agents of Shield.

But it would have to be HBO-tier, not CW or even Netflix tier. The best of the best.

I wonder if the secret project won't be some Rebirth mini-series, where they blame all the dark, depressing, deconstructivist stuff in the DCEU on Crudup's Dr. Manhattan. Suddenly, it all makes sense.:lol

the comedian one was for me embarrassing to read
Dude totally agree I hated the comedian one. Rorschach was at least better. I bought the double with them 2

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Back