DreamEx 1/6 Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMasterTurtle

Super Freak
Reaction score
Looks like there's yet another set of 1/6 turtles on the way. No info other then this image- have heard they're 80s inspired. Whatever that means.

Anyone hear of DreamEx before? I haven't.

12030406_853926561381687_5720880137892735863_o.jpg

damnit. why did i spent so much money (and space) for those 1/6 2014 turtles???

Everyone and their mother is getting into the 1/6 game now. I figure I can start up a company with a stupid name, photoshop together a license announcement, and crank out weak ass product. It's a shame the real players are churning out predictable stuff the last few years.

Star Ace have my attention right now, hoping for some cool licenses at NYCC. A licensed figure of Kurt Russell as Wyatt Earp would be nice.

It is strange to now see 3 company's doing 1/6 all at pretty much the same time, I've personally always wanted that an now that its happening its a little over whelming to be honest. My favorites of the ones I've seen so far is the mondo turtles, they have that classic look I like so much though they are over priced.

It's got the Nickelodeon logo, but the body styles are more classic-ish. Hopefully this will succeed where others have failed by A) giving us classic designs; and B) not charging us an arm and a leg. But, they'll probably charge the same as Mondo or more.

Well that question could have been asked even without this announcement ;)

Jk no hard feelings
:D
at least they have shells high on their backs like they should - and unlike playmates & neca. and as they were the only 1/6 turtles with normal back shells to that date, i definitely chose them )
but these silhouettes definitely have normal back shells, too. and their feet, knee pads and Michaelangelo's face remind me of old movie turtles very much (though Mike looks like Donatello's face). but Raphael's sai there is not a movie version.

Last edited:
It's got the Nickelodeon logo, but the body styles are more classic-ish. Hopefully this will succeed where others have failed by A) giving us classic designs; and B) not charging us an arm and a leg. But, they'll probably charge the same as Mondo or more.

Aren't the Mondo ones $150? That seems pretty reasonable.

There faces look like the Henson designs. But yea it's strange we are getting all this 1/6 tmnt figure announcements and no 90s movie figures.

Does anyone know if Henson studios have some claim to the specific likenesses of the movie designs? I doubt it but it just so mind boggling to me that incarnation hasn't been touched in 1/6 scale... I don't get it

Never heard of DreamEx. The silhouettes look like the could be pretty cool looking, but with no legit pics or time frame, definitely stick with Mondo for now.

Never heard of DreamEx. The silhouettes look like the could be pretty cool looking, but with no legit pics or time frame, definitely stick with Mondo for now.

They are going to be revealed at nycc in a couple of weeks

not this year:

Attachments

• 2016.jpg
    2016.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 393
Why is the more modern Nickelodeon TMNT logo being used (if they are in fact a classic line)?

The silhouettes definitely appear to be more of the classic look but the bandannas are way too long to indicate they are from the original animated series... bummer. Maybe the Henson movie?

Hopefully my patience pays off - almost caved buying the other 1/6 scale Turtles since I was losing hope on ever seeing a classic line (movie or cartoon). But I don't want to get my hopes up too high about this announcement.

2 more weeks!

Back