Sideshow Masters of the Universe - He-Man Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spectacular piece. Looks like we'll have plenty of time to pay for it too. Oct-Dec 2016 est?

Chances of him slipping to 2017?

A nice long Flexpay period. Yay! I hope Skeletor isn't too far behind.

The Conan Rage of the Undying PF was $460 and that went on pre-order 2 years ago.
So this is a pretty good price.

Is this really 1/5 scale though?
its some very shady wording if so.
Standing an impressive 23" tall,
And its scale is listed as 'statue' :D

Its height is taller than many 1/4 premium formats but he's on a decent base with his arm raised up holding a weapon up high.

Shady Sideshow.
I want them to list the scale. If it's 23" from bottom to tip of sword, then it's 1/6.

These are 1:5 from what I understand. Sideshow sure is avoiding mentioning the scale in the blurb. I'm sure it's one of their accidental oversights :rotfl
Awesome statue tho...

Man, looking at this tonight I was thinking about how awesome of a Thor statue this body/face sculpt would have made. Would have solved so many Thor issues for me. I"m wondering if I could get him customized.

It's still big enough to appear as 1/4 scale, but It looks great. I hope down the road, they will do a Hercules.

Doesn't really work like that.
1/5 is quite a bit smaller than 1/4 in total volume. His arm is raised up with a weapon but he'll be noticeably smaller standing next to a 1/4 PF.

Why is it that I feel like on the final version the skin tone is going to be all f ed up like the new conan.

It's still big enough to appear as 1/4 scale, but It looks great. I hope down the road, they will do a Hercules.

Doesn't really work like that.
1/5 is quite a bit smaller than 1/4 in total volume. His arm is raised up with a weapon but he'll be noticeably smaller standing next to a 1/4 PF.

HemanPunisher.jpg

That's quite size difference, thanks for posting I'd never seen a comparison like that before

Still 100% in for He-Man

Just need to see if there are any savings to be had by skipping the EX and getting from a UK supplier first as the Ax is nice but not a show stopper so if I can save good money by buying here then I will.

Neil

EDIT - just checked & price will be exactly the same so Ex direct from Sideshow it is then :wink1:

Shady Sideshow.
I want them to list the scale. If it's 23" from bottom to tip of sword, then it's 1/6.

I agree with your statement. Scale means the figure itself is xyz scale of a human, base not included. To be 100% you would have to measure He-Mans bottom of boots to top of his head in a straight pose then devide by He-Mans estimated real life height. 12 inch is 30 cm which is 1/6 of an average human of 1,8 meters approx 72 inch(12 x 6). In the pics He-man appears to be approx 12 inches to me so that is why I agree with you. Obviously there are no laws here so companies can do whatever they want. Just my two cents. By the way I am a fan of this statue. Its beautiful no matter what scale it is.

Back