Ideas for storing Hot Toys Accessories?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irmoballen

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, have plenty of figures on display and would love to move their boxes to storage, but I'm looking for a good way to store/categorize their accessories.

Does anyone have a box (maybe like a jewelry box) or something similar that you use to keep all the accessories together, while separate for each figure?

Thanks!

I bought a plastic tool box from Lowes for mine. Has compartments like a tackle box.

Good thread. I need ideas too. I've been stashing all mine behind my display pieces on the top shelf of my Pax because it's too high to see. Need a better solution.

I'm in need of some ideas as well. Am going to be putting a lot of boxes into storage but will keep the accessories indoors to keep them from any sort of damage.
Currently my closet has boxes with accessories, but as my collection grows, the place to store everything diminishes.

Those boxes for air and crafts would work (they often have dividers and compartments). Or you could use those shelves that people use to store fasteners in, which you would find at home Depot

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

File boxes, index card sized. Plastic baggies inside. Boxes in attic in other boxes

I thought I would share what I recently decided to use for a storage system. I picked up one of these from Menards for $20.

4fd232bc6a5a14b7fa59677a6a30cc81.jpg

Here's the finished product:
21007f55ad8c18ff8330074b5a629ca7.jpg
76a76b70381b802a667b51ffbdaa1cbd.jpg
91e38a0a6c1051eb331fc1c645850097.jpg
ecf352830a2c345f150c0f9bcee5c4b5.jpg
450561524be4991bf72b0490964e7adc.jpg
5ba16115b4253c0b7022c0014e3c9c51.jpg

I'm very happy with it so far. Bonus shot of my setup:
f5fb2c58168b5319a0ed5f9d08ce04da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect solution! Awesome collection too De@df00l!

I like this idea. It would be great if all of the shelves were of the bigger size. I have a similar one but the smaller shelves won't hold much.

I'm currently using a big binder and those clear plastic sleeves to hold the different figure extras.

They did have a version that was only the bigger size as well.

Are you guys tossing the cardboard boxes or storing them elsewhere...these boxes are killing me?

I throw nothing away. Nice Dwight sig Tinman. I'm watching the Office right now...every night actually lol.

I need to consider using a drawer or similar system for the spare parts. I have a large garage I could store the boxes but they'd be susceptible to outside temps and humidity.

Do you guys think things like hands would be safe in something like little plastic portion cups like this?
2016-06-03 16.24.55.jpg
I have tote container that I want to put them in that will fit under my bed. Things that wont fit in those cups will go in small snack baggies, like larger weapons and Groot's hands. There's only so much space in my closet, and it's pretty much gone, so I want to put the empty boxes up in the attic.

Back