Articulated Icons: The Feudal Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xequae

Super Freak
Reaction score
Is anyone backing the Articulated Icons Ninja 6" figure kickstarter from TheFwoosh.com? These figures look pretty awesome and it seems like they have some great stretch goals to reveal. I'm at the 3 red ninja and white deluxe level now, but I will probably add a few figures if they start hitting the strech goals.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1764488827/articulated-icons-the-feudal-series-ninja-action-f

ArticulatedIcons.jpg

I plan on back, just waiting to see if the stretch goals get unlocked or not to go "all-in" or "devoted." I think a lot of people are in the same boat. I think the uncertainty of the stretch goals being unlocked, but locked into a pledge level is going to shoot them in the foot. Too many people like me might be waiting to see if the goals are unlocked instead of backing to get them unlocked. Its pledge levels with 'free' stretch goal add ons that can really make a kickstarter successful. I still think that option really helped Vitruvian Hacks.

And yeah, the white ninja is totally Storm Shadow and the Reds are meant to be Hand Ninjas.

I plan on back, just waiting to see if the stretch goals get unlocked or not to go "all-in" or "devoted." I think a lot of people are in the same boat. I think the uncertainty of the stretch goals being unlocked, but locked into a pledge level is going to shoot them in the foot. Too many people like me might be waiting to see if the goals are unlocked instead of backing to get them unlocked. Its pledge levels with 'free' stretch goal add ons that can really make a kickstarter successful. I still think that option really helped Vitruvian Hacks.

And yeah, the white ninja is totally Storm Shadow and the Reds are meant to be Hand Ninjas.

I just back the $135 level and am planning on adjusting my pledge at the end depending on what is unlocked. Would love to see all of the stretch goals unlocked, but it is moving pretty slowly now.

Someone on TheFwoosh.com forum did a basic photoshop of the white ninja with the bare arms and a cobra symbol for Storm Shadow. It looked pretty awesome.

In on this already a few days ago. At the 'All in' level.

Im not really interested in the other stretch goals, just want a whole bunch of black ninjas and that roof top diorama.

Not into ninjas, but this is cool. I liked that "Mythic Legions" Kickstarter as well. Customizable, highly detailed, non-franchised figures is such a great idea! It's very pricey though and I have a collection focus so I wouldn't buy any of these on a whim.

I think they're doing themselves a disservice by not previewing the future figures that are locked. If they showed off how cool they looked, wouldn't more people pay more for them?

Pledging seems low. Not on kickstarter much. Is it likely they'll reach that lofty goal?

Projects often start strong then slow down in the middle and pick up once they start hitting stretch goals or towards the end. They have passed the 50% and aren't half way through, so I think it has a good chance of passing, but I don't know that they will hit all of the stretch goals. Projects can jump quite a bit at the end though, so it is hard to say.

At this rate, they'll probably fund the project, but I doubt many, if any, of the stretch goals get unlocked. The arms are very likely if the funded goal is hit, but unless they start revealing those stretch goals, I'm a bit doubtful of them getting much more than the funding goal. Kickstarters are unpredictable though so anything is possible. Very successful kickstarters like Vitruvian Hacks and Mythic Legions hit their initial funding goals very early on so it was smooth sailing into the stretch goals from there.

I'm not a huge Ninja guy but I do love the look of these and would like to have one or two to fight my Daredevil Marvel Legends figure. Just haven't figured out which ones I want yet.

I'm not a huge Ninja guy but I do love the look of these and would like to have one or two to fight my Daredevil Marvel Legends figure. Just haven't figured out which ones I want yet.

Get the Deluxe ver at least. Look at all the extra headsculpts and mask and all the weapons. lol

The Red Hand Ninjas would be the most logical Daredevil display option IMO, but its tough to beat the classic black ninja look.

I went ahead and went all-in. Hopefully I'll be able to go devoted by the time this is done though. Figured every little bit helps us get to the funding goal, might as well not wait any longer. The sooner the initial funding goal is met, the quicker this will raise more money to unlock more stretch goals. Hopefully at the very least the arms get unlocked so we can all end up with a classic Storm Shadow.

I don't see how they are possibly going to get any of those stretch goals. That's just an insane amount of money they're looking for. It's half funded now so I really hope we at least get the ninjas and I think at the rate they're going it'll happen. And I'm optimistic about the arms/wraps too. But how in the world are they going to hit those stretches?

The Mystic Legions kickstarter had similarly priced goals, but they hit their full funding target quickly. They need to hit that ASAP if they want any chance of unlocking some of these stretch goals. Its certainly still possible, but every day they're still under the production goal it makes it look less and less likely to happen. Shame too because the figures are very well designed. I'm just afraid the handling of the kickstarter could have been better and I'd hate for this to fall through because of something like that. Hiding stretch goals never motivates people. People want to see what they're supposed to work towards.

The Mystic Legions kickstarter had similarly priced goals, but they hit their full funding target quickly. They need to hit that ASAP if they want any chance of unlocking some of these stretch goals. Its certainly still possible, but every day they're still under the production goal it makes it look less and less likely to happen. Shame too because the figures are very well designed. I'm just afraid the handling of the kickstarter could have been better and I'd hate for this to fall through because of something like that. Hiding stretch goals never motivates people. People want to see what they're supposed to work towards.

Didn't Mythic Legions initially offer far more pre-stretch goal figures though? I'm sure that may have also factored in. However this Kickstarter seems to have by far fewer options available even if they manage to hit the minimum.

Yeah, they had like 16 different figures. I'm sure that did help as even those that didn't go all in had a lot more to choose from. This kickstarter is essentially one figure in different colors. The stretch goals appear to have some bare chested torsos and armor added to the mix, but for what is basically one figure with multiple heads, accessories, and a rooftop base, the initial goal is kinda high. The Fwoosh guys claim to know what they are doing and plan on revealing the stretch goals this week. Hopefully it works out. It would be sad to see something like the Skeleton Warriors achieve funding and something much better like this not.

Cant believe this got revealed first from the votes. Does not look at all interesting, pretty plain with not much extras.

I much prefer the samurai's, with the extra masks and tools of the trade.

Back