Billy corner unit with doors

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinball2883

Freakzoid
Reaction score
any body have a solutions so the glass doors will open. with the glass doors on the corner unit and the unit on left doors will not open. when using the billy corner hardware. IMG_1807.jpgbilly-corner-hardware.JPG

I would say you need to put a spacer between the corner unit and the ones that meet with it. This should give the door enough clearance to swing open.
A length of timber or the same material the cabinets are made of would work.

I hate dragging out an old thread but, did you ever figure out a work-around or solution to this?

If anyone is interested in a working solution to the issue of getting doors to work on the corner shelf, I was able to do it using a spacer like Raiders March suggested. I bought two lengths of 11/16" x 11/16" L-shape corner trim from the hardware store. I found some in white PVC material and cut them to match the height of the corner shelf. I pre-drilled a few holes in the trim to prevent it from splitting and nailed it along the front edge of each side of the corner shelf. Now there is enough clearance. Using this method meant I couldn't use the Ikea corner brackets so I had to fashion my own using metal tie straps but in the end it looks perfect and you can't even tell it doesn't belong.

This is the specific moulding I used:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Royal-M...-Outside-Corner-Moulding-0657708011/100074043

Back