Godzilla vs King Kong Remake (LEGENDARY Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamandi

Super Freak
Reaction score
That's it people. They're out of ideas. :mad:

Source: Godzilla Vs. King Kong In Works As ‘Skull Island’ Moves To WB | Deadline

[h=1]King Kong On Move To Warner Bros, Presaging Godzilla Monster Matchup[/h]
EXCLUSIVE: In a movie move that portends a clash of giant monsters, Legendary Pictures’ Thomas Tull is moving his untitled Skull Island King Kong film to Warner Bros. This is being done to unite the property with Legendary’s other giant franchise,Godzilla. In what would be a pretty epic pairing, the Godzilla sequel that is in the works will be followed by a movie that pits the giant ape versus the giant fire breathing reptile. I’m told this is happening very quickly with moves going all the way to Japan, where Godzilla rights holder Toho is based. Legendary, which moved from Warner Bros to Universal, had developed the Skull Island film at the latter studio. It is unclear at the moment what Universal’s position will be, but I heard the studio move is being done because it is just easier to have all the pieces under one roof, something that Marvel Studios has done with superheroes like The Hulk. King Kongis in the public domain, while Legendary got the Godzilla rights from Toho.

The Kong: Skull Island film is casting quickly. Brie Larson, Tom Hiddleston and Corey Hawkins are set and last I wrote about it, Samuel L. Jackson was in line to star, with Tom Wilkinson also offered a big role and John C. Reilly atop the list for another main role. Jordan Vogt-Roberts is directing a script by John Gatins and Max Borenstein, and they are eyeing a production start of late year or early 2016.Universal had been set to release the film March 10, 2017, with a Imax 3D a big part of the release plan. Legendary’s Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni produce with Mary Parent, with Alex Garcia and Eric McLeod exec producing. I’ll let you know how this one sorts itself, but I hear it’s happening.

pvJ01I8.gif

Soooo the new King Kong film has nothing to do with Peter Jackson's film? I ask because you couldn't possibly put that King Kong up against the current incarnation of Godzilla....

Well, the new King Kong will need to be about 500 feet tall to be a good match to Godzilla. The good news is he doesn't need to worry about falling from the top of the Empire State building since he's about half the height..

Soooo the new King Kong film has nothing to do with Peter Jackson's film? I ask because you couldn't possibly put THAT King Kong up against the current incarnation of Godzilla....

The dead one? Yeah, he probably wouldn't be much of a fight for anyone. :lol

But I could see Chris Pratt leading a pack of Kongs against Godzilla. At least, that is, until we learn they're part kaiju... :panic:

Kong is 25-30 feet tall and has no weapons or discernable defenses other than apelike agility and climbing ability. Godzilla is 300-350 feet tall with tough reptilian skin, sharp claws, and atomic fire breath.
So the fight goes kinda like...
Kong: Stands on hind legs to full height and triumphantly thumps chest in front of Godzilla's shin.
Godzilla: Picks up foot and stomps on Kong like a grape.
Godzilla: Unleashes some fire breath flambe just to be sure.
Godzilla: eats a grilled Kongburger.
The end.

From Skreeonk.com's Facebook page:

Hey Fandom, time to address these rumors:

While Legendary will indeed be making both Kong and Godzilla films into franchises, there is absolutely zero confirmation, sourcing, or evidence that a King Kong vs Godzilla film is in the works. Variety, Coming Soon, and several other sites are reporting rumors and hearsay with zero sources - all based on the newly solo Legendary swapping a property's production studio - so please do not take their clickbait article titles as "it's happening". Legendary does indeed seem to be leaning toward the "Universe Building" studio model that Marvel's Cinematic Universe perfected and the upcoming "Batman v Superman" is also capitalizing on - but keep in mind that Legendary also has the option of having the two share a universe and not clashing, as it is likely the beasts will be of two entirely different scales - OR not buying into this at all.

Legendary's Godzilla is the largest ever created, and in order for their Skull Island film to fit within their love of "realism", it is likely that Kong will be no larger than usual (25-30 ft.). Going with a mountain-sized King of the Apes would cripple their solo films for the character, and I don't see the studio creating an enormous Kong that would never fit in the film's suspenseful, grounded jungle setting just so he'd be of size to eventually square off with Godzilla.

As much fun as a KK vs G rematch could be, these rumors hold all of the same weight as the "Pacific Rim v Godzilla Crossover" nonsense that has circulated for years. Until Legendary announces a future film slate for this title, I wouldn't get carried away.

From Skreeonk.com's Facebook page:

Legendary's Godzilla is the largest ever created, and in order for their Skull Island film to fit within their love of "realism", it is likely that Kong will be no larger than usual (25-30 ft.). Going with a mountain-sized King of the Apes would cripple their solo films for the character, and I don't see the studio creating an enormous Kong that would never fit in the film's suspenseful, grounded jungle setting just so he'd be of size to eventually square off with Godzilla.

Yeah that's what I thought.

Time will tell. Deadline has broken a lot of stories over the years, it would be a mistake to simply dismiss this as "clickbait".

Ha! The reason I watch Godzilla and Kong is the 1962 movie. The first movie I watched of the Kaiju genre. I hope this happens.

I'm sure it's only a matter of 'when'. The solo movies for each would seem to prohibit it for now. They either have to make Kong a hell of a lot bigger or shrink Godzilla to Emmerich size again or a bit of both.

So if it's anything like the last Godzilla flick, it will be two minutes of POV shots of Kong and 'Zill going at it and two hours of humans doing pointless things.

Godzilla 2014 wasn't terrible just underwhelming. Like they marketed a different movie from what we saw. The trailers made it seem like a remake of 1954 when it was really just a muto invasion.

Godzilla 2014 wasn't terrible just underwhelming. Like they marketed a different movie from what we saw. The trailers made it seem like a remake of 1954 when it was really just a muto invasion.

The 5 minutes we got with Zilla were good at least, the rest was trash.

Back