Need my Shaak Ti repaired.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8bitforlife

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Theres nothing physically wrong with her. But I bought a custom vader saber and was plugging them all in her and the saber it worked for awhile. Now I cannot get her to turn on with her original power supply or with batteries. Would anyone be able to look at her to see if she can be fixed. I am a little sad that she was working and now doesn't at all. I can feel the electronics on the button getting warm through the bottom cover.

Re: Need my Shaar Ti repaired.

what do you mean you we're plugging a custom vader saber in her?

You can change the title yourself.
Go to 'edit', then to 'Advanced'.

i got one of the custom sabers on from this forum and I am not sure what happen but when I was using the daisy chain and remote control to turn it all on something happen and now i cant get my shaak ti to work. I believe her saber is fine I think something happened to the base the electronics.

Cant get her to turn on with just her power plug or using batteries.

i got one of the custom sabers on from this forum and I am not sure what happen but when I was using the daisy chain and remote control to turn it all on something happen and now i cant get my shaak ti to work. I believe her saber is fine I think something happened to the base the electronics.

Do you have or could you get a multimeter to check the connections/wiring to determine where the issue might be?

I'm guessing since it was not the same voltage it might have burned the components

I'm guessing since it was not the same voltage it might have burned the components

8bit is talking about my custom sabers. I provided a set of my Battzero battery eliminators in the AA size along with a 4.5v converter extension pre-connected. This eliminator set connects to the main power lines that also supply the saber, which is 12v. 8bit accidentally disconnected the voltage converter and plugged 12v straight into the PF statue. "Poof" is what happens when you give something 12v when it expects 4.5v.

I've already told 8bit I'd be willing to try and work on the Shaak Ti base to repair it, as its internal inverter's specs are similar enough to the ones I use that they power the same bulbs to a similar brightness. Only the base is needed to effect a repair, so I asked for some close-up photos of the bottom of the unit with the battery compartment open so I could see it for myself in more detail. I don't believe Sideshow has constructed the base to be serviceable, but I'm willing to take a look at it and repair it if I can, for free.

I last heard from 8bit on the 9th, the day he posted this thread.

8bit is talking about my custom sabers. I provided a set of my Battzero battery eliminators in the AA size along with a 4.5v converter extension pre-connected. This eliminator set connects to the main power lines that also supply the saber, which is 12v. 8bit accidentally disconnected the voltage converter and plugged 12v straight into the PF statue. "Poof" is what happens when you give something 12v when it expects 4.5v.

I've already told 8bit I'd be willing to try and work on the Shaak Ti base to repair it, as its internal inverter's specs are similar enough to the ones I use that they power the same bulbs to a similar brightness. Only the base is needed to effect a repair, so I asked for some close-up photos of the bottom of the unit with the battery compartment open so I could see it for myself in more detail. I don't believe Sideshow has constructed the base to be serviceable, but I'm willing to take a look at it and repair it if I can, for free.

I last heard from 8bit on the 9th, the day he posted this thread.

I won't feel bad to conduct a Sidebar Conversation here, given that the we haven't heard from OP for some time.

@Pixelpiper, do you have a photo of the work you did on his Shaak Ti, or one similar to it?

@Pixelpiper, do you have a photo of the work you did on his Shaak Ti, or one similar to it?

8Bit posted this thread before seeing my reply, I'm waiting for his base now for repair.

I didn't do any work on his Shaak Ti previously. It was damaged by connecting a 12v power lead to my 3x AA Battzero battery eliminator instead of the provided 4.5v adapter.

Essentially this product:

15150148361_88d777e664_z.jpg

Which you can see here as a "full kit" with a provided 4.5v power supply:

15130098336_13120c1ceb_z.jpg
14966556628_e4d274db3c_z.jpg

When I sell that module as an "add-on" I provide a pre-connected 4.5v converter extension instead of a dedicated power supply. It can then be added to a splitter as part of a larger wiring set, such as those for my CCFL Sabers, which operate at 12v.

WRT saber repairs on PF statues (a different subject), you can see a couple of repaired saber blades here:

17028198037_27f571f501_c.jpg

8Bit posted this thread before seeing my reply, I'm waiting for his base now for repair.

I didn't do any work on his Shaak Ti previously. It was damaged by connecting a 12v power lead to my 3x AA Battzero battery eliminator instead of the provided 4.5v adapter.

Essentially this product:

Which you can see here as a "full kit" with a provided 4.5v power supply:

When I sell that module as an "add-on" I provide a pre-connected 4.5v converter extension instead of a dedicated power supply. It can then be added to a splitter as part of a larger wiring set, such as those for my CCFL Sabers, which operate at 12v.

WRT saber repairs on PF statues (a different subject), you can see a couple of repaired saber blades here:

Thanks for sharing -- that's impressive tech/setup! Will definitely keep you in mind when one of my PF lighting features fail on me!

Sorry I haven't replied been having a musical marathon at the theater I work at working long hours. Ya I just need to send my stuff to him to get fixed. Atm looking for a box and packing materials.

yeah.. I broke her lightsaber out of stupidity yesterday ... damn.. just really barely touched it and it broke the cathode ... Pixelpiper... help me out

Back